Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

PVRIS Begin Teasing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Getting hard to keep up with all the new music announcements/teases lately. Been so many of them. Good problem to have I suppose.

heymattrick and CMilliken like this.
  3. Chinesefood

Regular

Well color me stoked

4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Very excited for new music, love the first album.

5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Yesss, very ready for this.

6. CMilliken

Trusted

Actually listening to their first album right now. Love that album and can't wait to see what they do next.

7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

WOOH

8. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Yes, White Noise was perfect. Lynn is anal, deliberate and a genius. But they'll never play a small venue again and I really wish I'd joined the CVLT sooner.

9. Kristen

Regular

I saw them in march at sxsw and they played the Mohawk (900 capacity) with probably half of it full just due to how many people they were letting in the show. I wouldn't say they'll never play a small venue. I could see them going on a club tour or at the least playing smaller one off shows.

10. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Very excited for new music, first album was so solid. I do hope this cycle they put a little more effort into the live show. Lynn really struggles singing live.

11. Kristen

Regular

I don't agree that she struggles live. In all of the times I've seen them she has sounded spot on.

12. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I agree, she's always sounded killer when I've seen them. Her stage presence, however, is slightly lackluster.

13. Kristen

Regular

How so, just curious?

14. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Just saw them last night and she's gotten a lot better. She has more control with her voice and it's more melodic than shouting into a mic.

Also at last night's show, Lynn said they'll be back in the fall in NYC but didn't want to say where. They sold out Webster Hall (1500 cap) easily so if this is in support for the new album, I think they can easily do Playstation or Starland.

15. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Just not a lot of energy it seems. She seems more nervous and unsure of what to do onstage than anything else. Which she has pretty much confirmed in interviews haha. But from what I hear, she's gotten better.

16. Chinesefood

Regular

I'm just super grateful that I got to see them at the Royale in Boston last year (1000 cap) before this new album takes them to venues .... with seats (gross)

17. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

makes sense considering i've been seeing them on a lot of festival listings

18. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I hope so. Love them. Got my White Noise vinyl a couple days back, so cool they put a 7" in there as a bonus!

Kristen likes this.
  19. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Single is about to debut on BBC Radio 1