Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portugal. The Man to Release Custom Cannabis Blend

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Portugal. The Man will be releasing a custom cannabis blend called “Feel it Still.” The full press-release can be found below.

Portland-based Portugal. The Man has teamed up with international advertising agency Wieden + Kennedy and Oregon Cannabis grower Hifi Farms (Called “The coolest cannabis company in Oregon,” by Esquire Magazine) to release Feel it Still, a custom, packaged, pre-rolled blend designed to pair with the band’s new single. The cannabis blend will be available starting on April 20th (the unofficial cannabis holiday) at all Serra Cannabis and Electric Lettuce recreational dispensaries.
    “We partnered with Hifi Farms because they’re one of the best growers in Oregon and it’s especially important right now to raise awareness for reasonable drug laws. Also, smoking weed while listening to music is awesome.” – Zach Carothers, Bassist

This fine craft cannabis blend is made up of our Top Shelf hybrid strains Gorilla Glue #4 and Girl Scout Cookies. Grown indoor at Hifi Farm (our 50 acre Clean Green Certified™ compound just west of Portland in Washington County) out of custom living soil and under state-of-the-art LED lighting technology, these prerolls are yet another expression of Hifi Farms’ credo, Make Beautiful Things.

In the end, bringing together a Portland-based ad agency, a Portland-based band and an Oregon-based cannabis company with its origins in music just made sense. But this partnership also calls back to the band’s origins. There’s no way to know for sure how the group landed on the name Portugal. The Man—deemed one of the worst band names ever by Noisey, Rolling Stone, and Esquire—but there’s a pretty good chance that weed had something to do with it.

About Wieden+Kennedy
    Wieden+Kennedy, founded in Portland, Oregon, in 1982, is an independent, privately held global creative company with offices in Amsterdam, Delhi, London, New York City, Portland, São Paulo, Shanghai and Tokyo. Wieden+Kennedy has helped build some of the strongest global brands, including AB InBev, Coca-Cola, Delta Air Lines, Honda, Nike, Procter & Gamble, Samsung and Verizon.
    www.wk.com

About Hifi Farms
    Based in Oregon, Hifi Farms is a Clean Green Certified™ craft cannabis cultivation company, recently called “the coolest cannabis company in Oregon” by Esquire Magazine. Started by four friends with a shared passion for music, socialprogress, and cannabis, Hifi Farms is partnership of purpose, creativity, and craft.

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

So I guess this is the new trend :sly:

yeahrightdude likes this.
  3. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Hahahaha that name though

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

dumb, but girl scouts is tasty

yeahrightdude and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  5. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i cant believe portugal the man smokes weed

6. ARo24

Regular

Do these bands feel more rocknroll for releasing weed products? This new trend is fucking stupid.

7. Chinesefood

Regular

They probably just enjoy smoking pot and thought it would be a cool idea.

8. heymattrick

Sending my love

Haha "pairs with their new single"

ConArdist and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  9. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Weird thing for people to be upset about.

Chinesefood likes this.
  10. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I said it in the Sigur Ros thread, stop this nonsense. Don't use your band's name to profit from pot, c'mon. They are separate entities.

11. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Idk, it just seems really narcissistic. There are already infinite combinations of strains and uses, so I don't like bands trying to profit from it. I DO give Snoop Dogg a pass.

12. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Maybe because I had to hide it for so long, I've smoked for 12 years. I live in Denver, but I still keep it low key and letting the world know is kinda pointless. We have enough sources for bud.

13. lolfpcmlol

Regular

Are you okay when bands release craft brews?

Mr. Serotonin and Chinesefood like this.
  14. Chinesefood

Regular

*three flame emojis*

15. ARo24

Regular

Touché.

16. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

If you don't like weed don't buy their product it's as simple as that.