Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rise Against Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Rise Against will release their new album, Wolves, on June 9th. They’ve released the first single “The Violence” today. Tim McIlrath describes the album as such:

In many ways, a Rise Against show is a safe space for our fans, but I realised that I don’t only want to create safe spaces, I want to create dangerous spaces where misogyny can’t exist, where xenophobia can’t exist.

I want to create spaces where those sentiments don’t have any air, and they suffocate: where those ideas die. ‘Wolves’ isn’t about creating a safe space, it’s about creating a space that’s dangerous for injustice.

Pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. Wolves
    2. House On Fire
    3. The Violence
    4. Welcome To The Breakdown
    5. Far From Perfect
    6. Bulls***
    7. Politics of Love
    8. Parts Per Million
    9. Mourning in Amerika
    10. How Many Walls
    11. Miracle

[​IMG]

The high-resolution version can be found here.

2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

It is not bad but certainly not what I was hoping for.
    Excited for the album, though!

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

The guitar line that comes in the bacground at different points during the verses made me thin there was another audio source playing in a different tab/window at first. Song is pretty good. Better than what I remember the last few albums sounding like.

4. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

It sounds mostly what I've come to expect with them, but I like that bassline that comes in during the bridge. I feel like Principe has felt too absent in the last few albums.

5. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

'The Violence' is a pretty good track, nothing outstanding but surely is an enjoyable tune.

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'll be that guy and say I miss old Rise Against but this isn't bad. Just feels like this and their last few albums have been really safe/samey. Interested to hear the rest. Hopefully some good political stuff from Tim.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  7. Slave to the Grind

Rise Against needs to get out of the safe space their songwriting is coming from.

8. hahahahahahhahahaha

that said, not bad but not interesting either. at least Tim seems way more angry this time. reminds me a lot of AFI especially the back up vocals during the chorus and the very end which wouldn't have felt out of place in Sing The Sorrow and Decemberunderground

9. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I recorded w/ Brandon Barnes' drum kit, when I record I go where they go, the Blasting Room, Studio A. I won't like the new album, but it's pretty cool for me.:blush:

10. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Yup. My go-to sound engineer and family friend, Chris Beeble, always helps them record in Fort Collins. Maybe they need to mix up producers, but you really can't do better than Bill Stevenson.