Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Chainsmokers Debut at #1

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Chainsmokers have the number one album in the country this week.

Memories is the first album to simultaneously lead both the Billboard 200 and the Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart in nearly three-and-a-half years. The last to do so was Lady Gaga’s ARTPOP, when it debuted at No. 1 on both tallies dated Nov. 30, 2013 (with 258,000 copies sold in its first week).

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

:-/

3. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Anyone know where The Maine's first week came in?

Ryan likes this.
  4. 12,722 sold

I think #16

5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

As I listened through this album last week and it continued to not click with me, I thought to myself that this album will probably chart well. Not that it was a huge stretch or anything, but I seemed to be right about that at least. I also think Emily Warren is going to continue to blow up in the pop circles. Her credits are already impressive.

6. DearCory

Regular

From the band's facebook :
    [​IMG]

7. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

S/O to the Maine for really knowing their fans and how they consume their music. They've been doing it themselves for a while, but clearly they had the right approach for this record. This is why their CD wasn't widely available because it's a waste of money for them. Their fans stream and buy vinyl. And most importantly, the songs were good.

8. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I like The Chainsmokers but was hoping for more massive pop anthems like All We Know and Closer on Memories Do Not Open. I like the first three songs on this album and the singles but a lot of the others seem hastily made or underwhelming. General reaction on their Facebook page to the album is negative

9. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Fuck that noise. Basic bros.

10. zachmacD

Trusted

I was disappointed in the album as well but it's definitely grown on me after a few listens. I personally think this would've been way better if Paris was the only song with the one guy singing. The songs with Drew singing are the worst on the album

11. zachmacD

Trusted

Her songs were the best on the album

12. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

You're right, it does grow on you. Listening to it now at work! I do like when they feature other artists on their songs, makes them stronger

13. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Worst artist in a long time. Literally the Nickelback of current radio.

14. Jose

weightless in the valley

This is what Trump's America is like.

15. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Fuck, I liked this comment, but I really hate both the comment and the fact that I liked it. I don't want to live in this world.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Chainsmokers are complete garbage smh

Turkeylegz likes this.
  17. StoJa9

Regular

I don't know who I'm more fucking tired of...Chainsmokers or 21 Pilots. Can't turn on the radio without hearing either of them, usually on multiple stations.

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I'm super tired of both. From what I've seen of Chainsmokers, they seem like a super preppy 21P with less talent and even far less stage presence. I just know the guy that sang on the VMAs is the lamest frontman I've ever seen, and I feel like I'm insulting the term frontman

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  19. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Seconded. I keep seeing her name.

In defense of that performance, Halsey was really trying.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  20. goation

Regular

I can't believe Stereogum compared the xx to this dogshit.

21. zachmacD

Trusted

well, that's what you get for listening to the radio

StoJa9 likes this.
  22. zachmacD

Trusted

Both of the chainsmokers seem like total douche bags but in the singers defense, it was his first time singing live ever and it was at the VMAs. I'm not sure you would've fared any better.

23. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Okay Kris Roe, we get it...

24. zachmacD

Trusted

25. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama