Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Apr. 14th, 2017

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

2. elemenohpe Apr 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 14, 2017)
    elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Enterprise Earth
    Loathe
    Shores of Null
    We Ride

Slow week. I'm really bummed that John Mayer's album was 2/3 already released. I do love those songs though... excited to hear the rest of it.

3. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Welcome to the only site on the internet which mentions John Mayer's new album ahead of Kendrick Lamar's

skogsraet, paperlung and CMilliken like this.
  4. JM95

Trusted

This is when I get really frustrated that I don't understand for the life of me what is so great about Kendrick Lamar's music.

5. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

This week is all about AirLands - So Much To Keep. Awesome album.

I will also be checking out John Mayer and trying Kendrick again (I get why he is good but I just think he isn't my thing.)

elemenohpe likes this.
  6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Kendrick for sure. New album sounds great. Maybe Mayer too, but those waves didn't really sway me one way or another.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. jdr2187

jdr2187

Sam Outlaw, Chris Shiflett, and Kendrick Lamar. Might also give Fion Regan's new one a listen.

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Kendrick and caddywhompus are it, slow week but nobody wants to compete with king kendrick

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

KENDRICK!

I'll probably check out the Barenaked Ladies collaboration too, because I've been listening to them for two decades and why stop now?

AND looking at the Apple Music New Releases I saw that Hollerado put out a new album! Been waiting for them to release new music, but even though I checked periodically didn't see this on the horizon at all.

kwilcox likes this.
  10. xenoabe

Regular

I personally think it's more his lyrics than the actual music. He's super thoughtful.

11. HalfHearted

Regular

Talib Kweli & Styles P - The Seven

12. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

The John Mayer record irritates me. He came out saying he was going to release a new 4-song EP every month all year. Cool, right? Even if half of those songs were shit, you still end up with 2 solid full albums. Instead we get a new release that only contains 4 songs we haven't heard before (1 of which is basically just an interlude) - very strange.

13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Halfway through my first listen of Kendrick's album and....damn. So far, it's really diverse and he kills it lyrically.

Will be checking out Mayer later too.

FTank, CMilliken and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  14. efp722

Regular

I'm wondering if this was like a "phase 1" of the year long release. I'm half expecting him to announce another collection of EPs for later in the year that he will later combine into another full length release.

15. Keeeeeeeeeendriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Sam Outlaw's new record is fantastic.

Contender, marktheshark4 and jdr2187 like this.
  17. JM95

Trusted

I think you might be right.

18. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

The first song I heard from Kendrick was m.a.a.d. city. Check out that song, listen to the lyrics and try to put yourself in his shoes when listening to it. He tells stories in his music that most artists won't even attempt to. It's not for everyone, but once it clicks, it's truly great.

OotyPa and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  19. DaveDalva

Representing the 514

Wow, forgot about Direct Hit. Such an underrated band.

Chris Prindle and Chase Tremaine like this.
  20. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Of course Kendrick's lyrics are fantastic, but the music is fuckin' amazing as well. That's why people love it.

Love the flow of his albums too. Awesome the way DAMN. goes full circle.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  21. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Kendrick is very good

Also:
    Little Dragon
    John Mayer
    Caddywhompus

cwhit likes this.
  22. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

Gonna need to have a proper sit down with the Kendrick album.

Also worth mentioning that The King Blues have released their first album for 5yrs. Worth a go if you're into stuff like l Rancid, Less Than Jake or Frank Turner.

23. JM95

Trusted

I've listened to that song a fair bit and it does exactly the same for me as pretty much every other KL song I've heard - I can see there's some thought behind it but I'm bewildered as to what else there is.

And then I get frustrated because I reason that there must be something there that I'm missing but I haven't got a fucking clue what it is.

24. Really? I listen to some of it and figured you would've been underwhelmed by it.

25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

May check out Direct Hit.

Also, new NFG single is out today.