Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182’s New Song Is Scientifically Inaccurate

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Deepa Lakshmin, writing for MTV:

Interestingly, Blink-182 have their science wrong. Though extremely rare, it is possible to get a girl “more pregnant” if she continues ovulating after already getting pregnant. This phenomenon is called superfetation, and doctors have no clear medical explanation for it yet.

BBC reports that there have only been 10 recorded cases, but the babies are typically born healthy as if they were twins — even though they were technically conceived days or weeks apart. Man, human bodies are weird.

Oh.

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. Joel Gustafson

A glass can only spill what it contains

I hear the jury's still out on science

Raku, Turkeylegz, Dan O'Neill and 9 others like this.
  3. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Well I'm glad that's all cleared up

Raku and defmytones like this.
  4. okay neil degrasse tyson

Raku, trevorshmevor, Essie and 2 others like this.
  5. Junction183

I hear that Blink-182 are Flat-Earthers too :crylaugh:

Raku likes this.
  6. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Aye yi yi...

Raku likes this.
  7. defmytones

Regular

Officially sleeping better now that this has been made fact.

8. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Yes because Blink-182 have always been known for writing very mature, meaningful and scientifically accurate songs.

I don't think I can be a fan of them anymore after this clear lack of research on their part. I can't believe they would write such a song without first researching the accuracy of their words.

For shame Blink, maybe you should research your song topics with the same amount of enthusiasm that Tom has when researching aliens.

GetUpAndrew likes this.
  9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Not that interesting.

10. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

yea, the scientific community is actually quite divided on the matter of Science, but the mainstream media completely ignores the other side of the argument.

11. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Science is just liberal decaf

truelovewaits likes this.
  12. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Science is not politically correct

Raku likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

"it's impossible to know all the small things because so much is microscopic"

14. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Okay, okay, Blink-182 aside, this is actually really interesting. So a person who is already pregnant, can become pregnant? Am I in the minority not knowing this, because my mind is blown.

[​IMG]

15. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Right there with ya.

16. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

The only reason I knew this is because it was/is one of my wife's biggest *cough*irrational*cough* fears with both our first and current pregnancy; and the only reason she knew it is because she was 200+ pages deep in reading pregnancy blogspots one night, lol. Most likely no, you're not too alone.

crunchprank and ChrisCantWrite like this.
  17. Schooner

Trusted

Dr. Mark Hoppus

18. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

You want 20 novels and like 6 films on whether you can get a pregnant women more pregnant?

Joel Gustafson likes this.
  19. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Yes, absolutely.

20. dee

I can feel the butterflies.

Not as weird as babies being born already "pregnant" with their own undeveloped twin aka fetus in fetu. Don't ask me why I know these things.