Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom DeLonge on Why UFO Research Just Might Save Mankind

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Rolling Stone:

But since DeLonge parted ways with Blink-182 in 2015, his interest in extraterrestrials has become more than a hobby. “The more I got into it, the more I realized it was all real,” he tells Rolling Stone. “Then I was like, ‘OK, what am I going to do about it?'” So he started spreading the word. He began creating a multi-part, multi-platform rollout of an entirely new philosophy, one based on the theory that aliens have been visiting Earth for most of our species’ existence – and the only way for us to have a prosperous future on the planet is if we take that into account, and soon.

That sure is a headline.

2. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

[​IMG]

coleslawed, jorbjorb, Liz and 8 others like this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

if we ignore him and mock him we'll end up the ones that are sahwy can not sleep can not dream tonight

4. skylardarsh

it's upsetting that someone would need to reach out to that weasel John Podesta for vital information

Raku likes this.
  5. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

I hope one day I get the chance and opportunity to blaze with Tom

Collins, CMilliken and GEM37 like this.
  6. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

[​IMG]

7. Raku

Regular

Oh Tom, how far have you gone? =/

All I can do is this:

[​IMG]

8. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

Cool.

9. emeryk3 Apr 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2017)
    emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Don't know why people are mocking him? I mean, if it's solely in jest, then that's cool. But this genuinely sounds pretty fascinating to me. It's got me researching Aztec blood sacrifices and the history of that South Pacific primitive tribe. Seems Levenda was a good choice to work with.

zigbigwig and Oskarr like this.
  10. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Ugh, don't wanna get into a thing here but we have never been visited. People have never been abducted. The distance they would have to travel, it's unfathomable. AND I love reports of UFOs hovering for 15 or 20 mins w/ no footage. Lol I do like Hawking's warning that we should not try to contact "them".

11. JohnnyStacks

Regular

I mean,you say that like you know for sure. Aliens could have easily visited at any point during the millions of years this planet has been around. And you act like it's beyond comprehension that another species could build space travel. We basically fast tracked space travel in a period of 100 years. Who's to say that someone or something smarter than us did a better job. I definitely think its crazy when people think we're the only living things in the entire universe

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

No snark, but how is he getting press in Rolling Stone? Is this a pay to play type thing, or is the RS readership genuinely interested in his UFO exploits? Genuinely curious as I've seen him pop up a few times in RS post Blink.

13. JohnnyStacks

Regular

He released a trailer for a documentary and around the same time the Hillary emails leaked and he had emails corresponding with their campaign over knowledge that he or the goverent had. Quickly after the emails leaked they pushed back the documentary and I haven't heard anything since.

14. RonandTammy

Regular

That's assuming that alien travel technology is based on propulsion similar to ours. What we conceive as a "light year," might mean something totally different to a being that doesn't rely on physical matter and the ability to transport themselves from point A to point B.

Raku likes this.
  15. Lucas27

Trusted

All I can think about right now is the Frasier episode where he's doing a promo for a congressional candidate and finds out between takes that the candidate believes he was abducted by aliens.

"He's a visionary! And he cares about...the little people."

16. heymattrick

Sending my love

I stared at this way too long thinking it was a GIF and kept waiting for it to start moving

coleslawed, GEM37 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  17. Liz

Ew, David

18. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I see your point, however we can only go by human(and scientific)standards. I got this off the internet, it's possible these aliens live a million years or breed and float through space visiting civilizations like Star Trek but these Voyager stats are really sobering: "The fastest outward-bound spacecraft yet sent, Voyager 1, has covered 1/600th of a light-year in 30 years and is currently moving at 1/18,000th the speed of light. At this rate, a journey to Proxima Centauri would take 80,000 years." I was shocked, it's like a space sloth. And math is supposedly universal. Anyways, not fighting!:-)It's hard to convey emotion on the web, this is a fascinating topic. Lastly, I think AVA has some KILLER music, but Tom Delonge is either kinda lonely or just not really all there...:-|

coleslawed likes this.
  19. RonandTammy

Regular

The movie Event Horizon explains wormholes pretty accurately, and that is always a possibility as well. There are planets that rain diamonds, so who in the hell knows what could really be out there and what technology other beings have come up with. Imagine a civilization that is 1,000,000 year OLDER than us, and the shit they've come up with, even if they followed a similar path that humans have.

All of it is really impossible to fathom and trying to wrap your head around it will just drive you crazy. It's similar to those old questions like "who created God," or "how long is eternity?"

emeryk3, coleslawed and Raku like this.
  20. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

It's been a great 24 hours for that gif

21. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Love when people act like Tom is lonely. I think choosing to put his foot down and do Blink when he was able to was the most Sane thing he's ever done. I think Ernie Ball released a documentary on him and it gave me a whole new perspective on him.

emeryk3 likes this.
  22. Joseph Pepe

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  23. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I've asked it before, but I'll ask it again: what in the fuck is it like to be married to this man right now?

(Because if it was me, I would have filed for separation a looooooonnnng time ago...)

24. RonandTammy

Regular

He's probably very self-centered and thinks that everything he hears/reads/says is correct and should be shared with everyone.

25. Vegetables

Regular

Considering they've been together forever and a major reason for him wanting to slow down/stop blink originally was to be with his family I imagine they're doing pretty damn good, but I'm sure they appreciate your concern!

Raku, Oskarr, emeryk3 and 5 others like this.