Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Found Glory Talk New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Neon Light

rage and love

That's big coming from you Jason!

3. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

Like, in a good way?

4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I just pre-ordered this on vinyl. Pretty stoked, I think I'm going to love this album.

5. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Wow. Riddle me excited, then. Coming Home is such an underrated record.

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Really anxious to hear this, I hate the artwork, but I can't wait to hear this record.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. CMilliken

Trusted

Coming Home is their best album. Excited to hear this new one.

Butinsmallsteps likes this.
  8. pbueddi

Trusted

Agreed. Hopefully we get some new songs that are a similar style!

CMilliken and Butinsmallsteps like this.
  9. Zeke

Regular

@Jason Tate I am intrigued now, can't wait to hear the new album!

10. aniafc

Trusted

But does it sound like Coming Home? if not, then idk how interested i'll be

11. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'm guessing not based on the single

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Seems like it'll have the experimentation of Coming Home (keyboards, synth stuff, fuller sound), but the songs will probably be upbeat, fun, and catchy. If I had to guess, I'd say the album could sound somewhere along the lines of the 'Failures Not Flattering' style maybe. IDK, just a theory based off stuff I've heard around the forums here and interviews like the one above.

dvdjmskng likes this.
  13. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

Just. Be. Better. Than. Resurrection.

Damien Davies likes this.
  14. pbueddi

Trusted

resurrection was fine. yes there were a few duds, but it was enjoyable enough.

15. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

Apart from Ready and Willing + Vicious Love, It really didn't do anything for me. I'm hoping that Resurrection was a case of the band recalibrating after losing a member + that the new album will remain on a constant loop for the entire summer!

16. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Coming Home is my favorite NFG album, that's some nice praise in my opinion.

17. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Thats one helluva endorsement. Coming home is easily my favorite NFG record by a landslide. So good.

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I enjoy the album for what it is. Its pretty straight forward. Vicious Love is like my least favorite song from them ever though haha. I do like Ready and Willing. That was a fun song to watch live.

Selfless is definitely one of my favorite songs they've ever written too. I love working out to that song and the main riff is so sweet. Gets me hyped. Its up there with Your Biggest Mistake, Love & Pain, Constant Static, Failures Not Flattering, and Something I Call Personality.

Persistant, Stubborn, and the two bonus tracks, The Crown (Very Coming Home-esque) and The Enemy, are awesome too.

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like people are expecting this to sound similar to Coming Home now after Jason's comments haha.