Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kendrick Lamar – “Humble” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Sick beat, great video editing, 10/10 Kendrick is the greatest

Chase Tremaine and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

This video is immaculate.

4. kylethrash

Incredible video.

5. Sander

kflkmflkm

i'm not a fan of this at all but i'm sure this track will make perfect sense in the context of the album

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

So he's basically trashing drake this whole video, correct? :crylaugh:

Either way, his videos are always on point like everyone else said :ok:

7. bodkins Mar 31, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2017)
    bodkins

Trusted

At first the music caught me a little off guard, but I'm assuming it's meant to be ironic. Guess the full album will show whether or not that theory is true. Listened a couple times and it's still great. Honestly, he's one of those few artists who can do whatever the fuck he wants and it'll be great.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  8. Luuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh it

9. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Song/beat/video are all dope!

10. Not loving the music from the get-go, it seems a little basic for Kendrick - but if it's all part of some sort of satire of other rappers and the rest of the album is way more diverse, I'm down. The lyricism was pretty on point though. Video was one of the best I've seen in a while.

11. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Seems like he poked fun at a few people in that video in a satire type of way.

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

How is one of the better beats of the year "ironic"?

Robk, skogsraet and Chcurry182 like this.
  13. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

How is he trashing Drake? I haven't seen a Drake music video in a while so I could be missing something.

14. bodkins

Trusted

Don't get me wrong, the beat is excellent. The style seems a little different then where TPAB and Untilted were going (more organic). While being done well, it reminds me more in line with the rest of the mainstream rap industry. So not bad, just not what I would expect from him considering the evolution of the music he clearly has a large hand in crafting. I mean, even look at the Heart part 4.

15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Mike Will beats are the greatest. Video rules, song rules, Kendrick rules.

16. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I think it's important for Kendrick to pop in the mainstream every now and then just to show he can do it better. That's what this song is, it's gonna be on the airwaves all summer. And what a song to do so, a mainstream song trashing mainstream rappers.

coleslawed and skogsraet like this.
  17. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

It's in the lyrics.

18. bodkins

Trusted

Agree!

nl5011 likes this.
  19. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

I knew it was in the lyrics but "trashing drake the whole video" had me thinking Kendrick was making fun of a Drake music video haha

20. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Also pretty sure it's more likely that he was going after big sean. he basically jacks big sean's ad libs.

21. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Definitely noticed that one with all the "hol' up, hol' up" in the background.

22. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Also "lil bitch"

23. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

Oh my god.
    I don't even like the beat that much, but between the song and the video, this is just too good, it's unfair to everyone else.

24. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I really wish I could get into this. Good Kid is one of my top albums ever but since then, nothing of his catches my ear.