Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine – “Do You Remember?”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. bloodinthesand

Regular

damn this is shaping up to be AOTY potential

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  3. Awksome

Regular

I am so hyped for the new album.

4. aniafc

Trusted

this band is so much better than the bands they came up with.

really hoping this album does some big things for them.

5. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I like this song more than most songs by The Maine that I've heard recently. Might have to give this new album a shot.

6. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

Love this. Major 3EB vibes.

This band used to suck so much and now they are really good. Quite a growth...

7. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Wow, this new sound for this album is great. So far based on what I've heard this could be their best yet.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  8. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Another good song, I think I like Black Butterflies and Deja Vu more though...

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This band is so so much better than they get credit for. This is shaping up to be their best album, yet, but everything since Pioneer has been great. I've loved each song they released more than the last so far. The Third Eye Blind vibes are very real, but it suits them well. They are unquestionably the best band to come out of the 2007 pop "punk" era with Mayday Parade, We the Kings, Every Avenue, etc.

GetUpAndrew and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  10. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I miss every avenue hmm

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked Every Avenue a lot, actually.

GetUpAndrew likes this.
  12. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Was just thinking this. I slept on that era of bands, really, but this band is so clearly the best to come out of that time. It's not even particularly close.

13. 44DeLonge

this is sooo good! Cant wait for the full album

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't listened to them in ages but this is really good.

15. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Haha, all the music I grew up listening to in HS. All those bands were on Warped Tour 09 that I went to.

Totally agree though, this band has had the most growth and is pretty much the only one I listen to still from that era.

16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

To reiterate what everyone else is saying, this is great. Honestly, haven't even bothered checking any of their music out since their debut way back when. My tastes have changed since then, but I can dig this.

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

To be clear, I wasn't looking down on those bands at all, I loved them too. The ones that broke up just haven't aged as well, and the ones that are still together I've lost interest in. A few notable exceptions being Every Avenue (it's actually been a long time since I've listened to them, I'll have to revisit soon), The Academy Is... and All Time Low.

If you enjoy these songs, you really should give their albums starting at Pioneer a chance, and if nothing else at least that particular album.

18. Mr. Serotonin

For some reason, I just never liked Forever Halloween except for a couple of the bonus tracks.

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

There are stand outs, Take What You Can Carry, Love & Drugs, Happy, Run, Sad Songs, but as a whole I revisit Pioneer and AC more often.

20. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This and ATL's albums are fighting to be my album of the summer

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

The Maine have clearly made a pretty good career for themselves, but in my estimation their catalog doesn't come close to All Time Low or Mayday Parade.

22. Mr. Serotonin

ATL's might win, but the Maine beats the hell out of Mayday in my opinion. The Maine have 3 super strong records, Mayday has 1 and an EP.

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

My opinion is probably a product of me not being too into Pioneer or American Candy. They only really have two albums that I think are strong, whereas Mayday has three records I consider excellent and two more that are a step below but still good.

24. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Yea I totally agree, I feel like the songwriting took a dive when Jason left. Most of the Mayday records are hit and miss...

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

All Time Low will always win for me overall. I've always considered them one of my very favorite bands, but I almost can't see them as part of that group (which I know is kind of ridiculous), but they're just completely their own thing to me. And All Time Low has always been good, whereas I really didn't love the Maine's first 2 releases (I've since learned to appreciate Can't Stop, Won't Stop, but Black & White does nothing for me except for a few songs). The only Mayday releases that even come close to either of the other two bands are the S/T and ALIR, but they just really haven't stuck with me over the years.