Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Another Box Car Racer Pressing Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Tom, forget Blink and do a BCR reunion.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

That would require a) Tom committing to something other than alien conspiracy theories and b) That Travis actually devote some time to BCR. I'm not sure which of those is more unlikely.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  4. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

SRC has one listed as "15th anniversary pressing" do we know if it is a variant color?

5. jorbjorb

7 rings

such a good album

6. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Well, he always had a sweet spot for conspiracies: in BCR's Watch The World he sang: "I saw Virginia get rid of Langley / and its secrets too". But yeah the whole thing is unlikely.
    That was a great album, though. It listened to it today.

7. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

Same day California Deluxe is released. Hmmm

8. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

a) He's still released AVA material every year. He's capable of a little reunion show or quick EP if he wants it (or needs money). Even with other current commitments, the guy is still a musician at heart.
    b) Travis devotes his time to anything if he cares about it. If he can find time for Transplants or solo material, he can probably devote some time with Tom, considering they're still friends and have worked together for two decades.

But yeah, it is obviously wishful thinking.

9. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

"Material" is a loose term. I don't consider a weird video documentary to be particularly indicative of a level of commitment to a band. A band is based on music, and the discography hasn't been consistent:
    Are you sure Travis and Tom are still friends? Travis is an easygoing guy, but I wonder if Tom is butthurt that he supported adding Matt to blink-182 and kicking Tom out. We can't trust a word Tom says about this since he's publicly said that he could rejoin blink any time he wanted to.

10. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

That's not the whole musical discography though. That's ignoring the EPs like Chasing Shadows (2016), ...Of Nightmares (2015) both of which contain actual songs, and can count Stomping the Phantom Break Pedal (2013) too. That's consistent music every year. Which is good commitment considering he had other projects, ie Blink, and all his other endeavours.

Tom and Travis still talk. There's plenty of public Twitter and Instagram communication and in interviews they both say they still talk. Travis said there was "no bad blood", if I remember correctly. So I presume their friends but you're right, maybe that's a public charade to cool Tom off as they do Blink.

But yeah, he may be a bit butthurt provided he isn't allowed back in the band when he proclaims to be ready. I feel like they will reunite but I hope he moves on because him and Mark would have to force chemistry.