Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jonathan Bautts Says Goodbye to Yellowcard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jonathan Bautts says goodbye to Yellowcard over at Behind the Setlist:

It’S 2001. A young band called Yellowcard, fresh transplants to California by way of Jacksonville, Florida, is playing its first ever sold-out show. The city is Anaheim, California and the venue is Chain Reaction, a cramped but legendary punk rock club that has become a rite of passage for all up-and-comers.

The five members onstage aren’t the most polished live performers, but they have bounds of energy and display a promising potential. The drummer is a stickmaster with some of the quickest hands you’ve ever seen and the lead singer displays a surefire ear for melodies. But what stands out most is the presence of a violinist, which you think is an odd novelty for a rock band at first yet surprisingly fits in well.

I’ve loved reading all the Yellowcard retrospectives over the past few days and all of the memories shared by fans in our forums. This band was a staple for so many people and a true testament to the impact music can have on a listener.

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Great read. They're records will forever be summer staples in my life. To this day, I think if they put out Ocean Avenue, I think the record would still be huge.

earthlight likes this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I'm never going to stop kicking myself for not making it out to the final tour. I literally can't remember why I didn't/wasn't able to end up going.

4. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Great article. But it says sean does a backflip into the intro of "Believe."

That would be quite a feat!

Davjs likes this.
  5. snaps

Regular Supporter

I was just listening to "One For The Kids" and "Ocean Avenue" tonight. Great band, but I couldn't get into any of these stuff after "Ocean Anenue".