Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Arrested Development’ Leaving Netflix in April

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Arrested Development, Buffy, X-Files, and more will be leaving Netflix in April. I guess it’s time to get your binge on.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Arrested Development, Firefly, Ally McBeal, The X-Files, Roswell and House are the bigger, more notable shows being tossed aside in April. Every single season from each show will no longer be available to stream, with the exception of Arrested Development’s fourth season, which will remain due to it being a Netflix exclusive.

I still watch random episodes of Arrested Development from time-to-time (I don’t visit that fourth season very often), and I realized today I haven’t cracked open my DVD collection in probably years. I guess it’s time to get this into Plex.

2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Thankfully I have X-Files and Arrested Development on Hulu.

3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think most will still be available to stream on Hulu.

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

If you haven't watch AD or X-Files. Do it now. Two of the best shows of all time.

YouOnlyLukeOnce likes this.
  5. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Dang.. Just started watching X-Files...

6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

7. dp619

Regular Supporter

I'm confused - didn't Netflix produce the most recent season of AD? And I thought they were close to making a 5th season as well?

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, but Fox still owns the rights to the first three seasons.

9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I head this was happing to Bob's Burgers too. Fuck. I just started watching that show.

10. Noooooooo! That's my go-to show to throw on if I want some background noise while falling asleep.

11. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Show sounds amazing

Daniel182 likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I've heard they're supposed to dumping the Office, Parks & Rec, and Friends this summer too (possibly among others). But when I say I heard, I mean my friend told me this, and I haven't seen any source for it, so hopefully he's just wrong, because about 80% of my time on Netflix is just cycling between those 3 shows.

It will be really disappointing to lose Arrested Development and Bob's Burgers too. Maybe I should try to squeeze in one last run of AD before it leaves.

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

No Office, Parks & Rec, and Friends would mean no more Netflix for me.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That's what I'm saying, those are literally my 3 go-tos.

hongfong00 and heymattrick like this.
  15. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Haven't used Netflix since they actually mailed DVDs to users and they didn't have a huge selection of streaming services. So I'm not sure how Netflix works currently. Do shows come and go because Netflix pays X dollars for X amount of time it's available for streaming? Is Hulu and other streaming services the same?

16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

good thing HMV is going out of business and i just bought all 5 seasons of angel for 40 bucks

17. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

@Jason Tate Or just visit your local Blockbuster, oh wait...

18. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

I'm just glad to see someone else using Plex besides me. Great piece of software.

Jason Tate and callumnmacleod like this.
  19. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Plex is probably the best piece of software I use. Hooked up to Sonarr which just makes life so much easier.

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Ripping/encoding DVDs for Plex takes a goddamn lifetime.