Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Justice League’ Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

"What are your super powers again? I'm rich."

3. JohnnyStacks

Regular

4. JohnnyStacks

Regular

They need Flash to speed back in time at the end of Justice League and use that as an excuse to reboot the whole damn thing.

5. Joseph Pepe

Cheese ball all day long. Love the Justice League but unfortunately I have no interest in seeing this at all...

6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Lol yep. I really can't get into anything D.C. related. I enjoyed the Batman universe (as most people do), but other than that, I just can't.

Marvel, all day.

CMilliken likes this.
  7. JohnnyStacks

Regular

I don't really get into the whole side choosing but Marvel is definitely more on point with game plans and how to faithfully handle their characters. I actually enjoyed Man of Steel but the problem was they rushed everything. We barely know this Superman. Give us one more movie along with a Batman solo film, a Wonder Woman solo and maybe even Flash because he has some of the better storylines. Then do your team up films. Unfortunately Warner Bros don't care about the characters and storylines and realize that no matter what they release, we'll storm the theaters to see it. They could care less whether fans are happy with the end result or not so long as we're lining their pockets.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  8. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I feel like Zack Snyder spearheading these movies for this long has been a giant middle finger to fans. From the moment he was selected to helm Superman, I was absolutely baffled, and even though he has quite a few people who love his approach, it's undeniable that he has yet to hit anything out of the park in the DC universe. This trailer was so muddled and tone deaf, I barely found myself paying attention. I just can't even pretend to get excited for these movies anymore.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  9. evaherinkova

More dogs in government

Once again, a DC movie looks uninteresting and like a total flop. The only things I was excited for were Aquaman and Wonder Woman, but after watching the trailer, I'm not sure I'm even excited for that anymore...

10. Thank god there's no more Zack Snyder

11. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Aquaman is the most interesting thing from that trailer.

I like the way The Flash is moving as well. Really hoping they do my favorite character justice.

Jason Tate and Christian Romero like this.
  12. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

Does Cyborg's face look terribly CGI'd or is it just me?

billyboatman likes this.
  13. jrock920

Regular

some dude on my facebook wall said this is going to be better then the avengers

14. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I just don't understand why the Justice League is protecting a planet that doesn't revolve around a sun.

But seriously. Why is every DC movie this dark?

Turkeylegz and evaherinkova like this.
  15. Looks terrible, honestly. What will it take to sink this franchise and force DC/Warner to do some soul-searching?

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  16. simonbelmont

Regular

Looks very good. Don't get the hate. MOS and BVS were both very good, not without flaws, this looks like in their vein with more levity...Which should appease the people crying about a lack of it in previous Snyder DC ventures.

Nolan's Batman movies were the same, but not nearly as many would complain. Sure Michael Cain's Alfred injected a bit of humor, but it was mostly dark days for Gotham.

It's most likely due to the polarizing nature of Snyder, and his work I guess. I happen to enjoy most of it. Shame not as many others do these days, but to each their own.

If you're not excited for J.K Simmons as Jim Gordon, you may need to double check for a pulse.

AshlandATeam and Davjs like this.
  17. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

The more and more I see Ben as Batman the less I like it.

18. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

J.K Simmons as

J. Jonah > Gordon

Calling it now. He was the perfect Jameson.

carlosonthedrums and coleslawed like this.
  19. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Let the flame war begin.

20. evaherinkova

More dogs in government

Doubtful lol

21. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Full disclosure: I consider myself a fan of Zack Snyder to the point where I actually own 'Suckerpunch.' I really like the way Zack Snyder does things. Normally. I just don't think he's well suited to this sort of movie.

When I said 'everything is dark' I didn't mean the tone; I meant that literally. There's no color. The Justice League has characters with bright reds and greens and yellows in their outfits; everything here is muted and it looks blah to me (and other people). Now, Snyder has always had that sort of color palate in his movies, but what worked well in Watchmen and 300 doesn't work well with these characters. It works fine for Batman; but Aquaman and the Flash and Wonder Woman simply shouldn't exist in a world that's this muted visually.

I will watch this, enjoy it somewhat, and enjoy more making fun of it with my friends for not being as good as it should be. But for the general populace at large, here's what doesn't add up to me: they're 0-3 with this style. Man of Steel, BvS, and Suicide Squad got bad reviews and did well but not overwhelmingly so at the box office. At what point does DC figure out people aren't excited about this like they should be? Because people should be freaking out at these characters all being on screen. This should rival Marvel and Star Wars at the box office and in the merchandise game. It just isn't doing any of that.

DC desperately needs to go in another direction - not for you or me (we'll see it and get varied levels of enjoyment from it), but for the huge chunk of America who has repeatedly said 'no thanks' to this style of super hero.

22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Simmons as JJJ will never be topped as far as on-the-nose comic casting

billyboatman likes this.
  23. simonbelmont

Regular

I am saying it's highly possible that J.K Simmons as

Gordon = J. Jonah

I don't give a fuck who's directing or who else is in it Simmons is that good and that versatile, to say otherwise would be someone who hasn't had the benefit of seeing him in all of his roles. especially from Oz to oh let's say Juno. Dude can straight up act.

Also Sam Raimi's Spiderman films weren't that good (1 was alright 2 was very good and 3...well) and haven't recovered since 3, Marvel has made it's share of stinkers. In fact I'd argue up and down that Marvel's stinkers are hands down worse than DC's.

Keep in mind before accusing me of bias that I love both DC and Marvel, point of fact I loved Deadpool, Logan, X1 and 2, and plenty more...

24. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I don't really like the first Raimi film and the 3rd is unwatchable.

I responded to the comment I replied to, I didn't see the end of yours about being excited for Simmons as Gordon. I never said I wasn't lol. Just that Simmons was perfect as Jonah. And he'll be a great Gordon. The acting will probably be better, Jonah is inherently corny. Just looks-wise casting and everything to match the comic, JJJ is hard to top.

Both Marvel and DC have big stinkers. I can't say hands-down cause at least Marvel isn't responsible for Catwoman lol. But not trying to get in a debate. Enough bad movies to go around for both. It's probably pretty even.

simonbelmont likes this.
  25. simonbelmont

Regular

DC put it's name on Catwoman, but we have a very bad director and Warner Brothers to thank for that bomb plus the Schumacher films. Once Legendary films and Nolan took over things got a lot better.

Marvel is befuddling sometimes with it's missteps. How do you screw up following up the first Iron Man film? Wasn't a fan of first two stand alone wolverine films, and looking at subject matter cannot understand how that's screwed up...It just goes on.

I'd say Marvel has more, but that DC's were more substantial (Schumacher Batman's and Catwoman).