Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Mayer Knows He Messed Up. He Wants Another Chance.

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Joe Coscarelli talked with John Mayer for The New York Times:

Across four hectic days this month, as Mr. Mayer, lucid and optimistic, finished his big-budget new album, “The Search for Everything,” and filmed a music video for what he hopes will be his next hit single, he seemed to especially relish reflecting on his 2010 undoing. Recalling the consequences of those infamous magazine articles — in which he used the phrase “sexual napalm,” chronicled his onanism in horrific detail, referred to his male anatomy as David Duke and somehow separately used a racial epithet — Mr. Mayer was vivid and virtuosic in his self-laceration.

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Awesome interview; excited to hear this new album in full. He sounds like a changed man and is ready for this next phase of his life

3. Oh. At first I thought this article was Mayer confessing he'd messed up about the rollout for his new album, haha

4. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Ah. One of my many problematic faves.

PandaBear! likes this.
  5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

"Writing “The Search for Everything,” which was released in two four-song “waves” before its final iteration to better suit the streaming era"

???????????

Zilla likes this.
  6. efp722

Regular

Same. The only reason, literally, why I clicked on the article. Was looking forward to that story.

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Just looking at the headline, that's what I thought it was going to be about.

8. :crylaugh:

Also, true.

9. St. Nate

Wow. Looks like I was the only one who knew this would be about his KKK dick.

Robk, marceting, PandaBear! and 3 others like this.
  10. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Love those lyrics at the end of the article.

11. Schooner

Trusted

Yep. I'm the exact about I thought he thought he messed up the roll out
    (Which I was loving 4 a month and stoked to get 48 tunes in 2017, cause I was happy enough with first 8s quality)

I forgave him years ago.
    I thought he genuinely apologised and felt bad years ago when he cried or something singing Gravity live. Born & Raised release time when moved to Montana to escape Hollywood

12. He touches on the new album, but that's not what the "mistake" focus of the article is.

13. Love your avatar!

Is that to commemorate the 10th anniversary, or just cuz?

14. Little of both. I'm going to do a re-watch soon and it's also a reminder. Haha.

fenway89 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  15. Ferrari333SP Mar 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 23, 2017)
    Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Right, I was more pointing out that that one sentence of the article is all they really go into about the release schedule of these new songs

beachdude42 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  16. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Really anticipating this album. Great interview, and I love those lyrics!

Schooner likes this.
  17. I'd totally be down to re-watch the whole series if I could get someone to commit to it with me.

Hmmmm

Tempting

18. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Fuuu, "Love On The Weekend" is such a good track

Schooner likes this.
  19. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Likewise, ha. Too bad it's not.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  20. Hi! :peace:

Feels like we haven't chatted in a whiiiiiiile

SpyKi likes this.
  21. DooDooBird

Trusted

Really wish he'd do another live album concert DVD. "Where The Light Is" was incredible, but I wanna hear/see him perform his more recent songs live. Any by more recent... I mean anything post-Continuum.

Schooner likes this.
  22. St. Nate

John Mayer with the quickness!!!

23. Damn, that sure is a long thread of tweets from people that haven't even see the video yet.

fenway89, Wharf Rat and SpyKi like this.
  24. St. Nate

Huh?

25. That thread of tweets was very long all about a video that doesn't yet exist to watch. I was just impressed that's all.

Schooner likes this.