Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Seamless Transition of Fleet Foxes Albums

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

A Reddit user correctly predicted how the new Fleet Foxes album will open. Here’s Ben Kaye at Consequence of Sound summarizing:

User blackbirdpie has apparently been bugged for years that the final song on Fleet Foxes’ 2011 album, Helplessness Blues, ended too soon. “I’ve always had the feeling that the end of ‘Grown Ocean’ seems slightly incomplete and was wondering if this was on purpose,” they wrote on the Fleet Foxes subreddit. They went on to say they felt like “a final chord or line is missing that would tie things up. It got me thinking that maybe Crack-Up will open with that missing chord, so that Helplessness Blues blends seamlessly into it.” […]

This sounded like a pretty but unlikely thought, that a band would choose a specific note to connect albums made six years apart. But then frontman Robin Pecknold himself logged on to respond to the theory. “First note on new album is F for exactly this reason,” he revealed in a response to the original post.

2. James McKenzie

How do I chorus.fm?

Love the idea of albums doing this, I remember hearing it on Take to the Skies going into Common Dreads from Enter Shikari and just thinking it was the best thing ever.

coleslawed likes this.