Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore’s New Album Is Finished

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Zach Farro of HalfNoise talked a little about the new Paramore album in a recent interview:

It’s all finished. We’re just figuring out the logistics of when to release it and everything. With HalfNoise it’s just me and a couple of managers, and we work pretty closely, but Paramore is a worldwide known band. There’s a lot of chefs in the kitchen, and figuring all that stuff out… the goal is definitely to release it this year, but I can’t really touch base and even if we had a set day we were telling people, things change so much. But the record is finished.

2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I wonder what kind of sound the band is going for on this album.

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

hopefully this year

4. .......

:-|

:sly:

Gimme.

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

9+ months between finishing an album and releasing sounds excessive, no? Regardless of how many people are involved

ramres likes this.
  6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Guessing trip hop or polka

7. Chloe

Really can't wait for this one. The song titles seem pretty cool too, as well as the Aaron Weiss co-write (if I remember well).

Also very curious to see how the sound progress and how Farro fits back into all that.

If there's a single we want it no-o-o-o-w (I'll show myself to the door).

cosmickid likes this.
  8. don't fret

I know you're joking, but I would be so down with a trip hop Paramore album.

Ryan and Chloe like this.
  9. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Perhaps somewhat irrelevant, but I'm very curious (and excited) to see how Zac drums on the Self-Titled tracks live. Paramore have worked with some great drummers over the last few years and I think it'll be so cool to see what Zac can bring to those songs.

Awksome and ramres like this.
  10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

post-polkacore

coleslawed and Ryan like this.
  11. Kuri44

It hard to believe self titled is four years old already. Album has aged very well

Awksome and mattylikesfilms like this.
  12. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

im nervous. they're so due for a let down... a band can't possibly come out with ANOTHER great album can they?

13. efp722

Regular

On paper, yea, but this sounds kinda normal. When The Starting Line released their 3 song EP last year March, they recorded it the previous summer. That was only 3 songs. I think I read that The Menzingers finished tracking last summer and their album just came out a few weeks ago. Guess it depends on a labels release calendar? Also mixing and mastering could take some time if they are sending it out to a specific person to do that already has a backlog of work to get through.

js977 likes this.
  14. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I legitimately typed this response out yesterday and then deleted it instead of posting it :crylaugh:

The trip hop part, not the polka.

Ryan likes this.