Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest Won’t Return to Denver in 2017

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Riot Fest will not be returning to Denver this year:

Denverites looking to attend Riot Fest this year will have to travel to Chicago to see their favorite punk bands.

Organizers say planning efforts for a Denver festival became too difficult after longtime leader Sean McKeough passed away last year.

2. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

So this is only in Chicago now?

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

^Correct

4. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I thought the omission of Toronto was an only-for-2016 thing?

5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Riot Fest has become such a huge thing for Chicago, it's the destination for this thing.

defmytones likes this.
  6. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

With a few American festivals steering clear of Canada last year, my expectations were that it could be a trend for some time to come. But admittedly I hadn't looked closely into any news releases about its 2016 omission.

7. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Chicago always had the best lineup. I never wanted to go to the Denver Riot Fest, and the one year I did get a single day ticket (to see Blink), there was torrential downpour and I decided to skip it.

8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Hope this means the Chicago one is extra special but sad to see them scaling back. Will be flying in from Texas again.

Also @Jason Tate thank you again for hooking us up with tickets last year, that was so incredibly kind of you.

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Kinda bummed, had a friend move to Colorado and we were planning on meeting up at Riot. Guess I'll have to find another reason to visit.

10. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Loved our Riot Fests so far, I'm completely bummed. As sad as it is to have Sean pass, that's a poor excuse for no event.