Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hey, We the Kings: Not Cool

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

3. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Pretty douche move if you ask me

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Any special occasion for breaking out the Mad Men avatar? I've been craving a full series re-watch real bad lately.

5. Basically exactly that. I've been craving a re-watch as well and it just felt fitting when I was looking for a new one.

oldjersey likes this.
  6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Have you re-watched much of it?? I have not seen any episode from the first 4 seasons, maybe 5, more than once and that makes me excited.

7. I think I've seen most of front to back twice. And the first four seasons maybe three times. I think the last season is the only one I've seen once. I'm really looking forward to it, it's one of my favorite shows ever.

ship90, fenway89 and oldjersey like this.
  8. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

Am I missing something? Truly curious, why is this a dick move of them to have a podcast?

9. Connor Mar 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 20, 2017)
    Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

They are calling it Encore.... there is already a podcast called Encore, like the Chorus.fm podcast, which i'm fairly certain they know of. They can have a podcast, but call it something different.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. IATAvalanche

Regular

Encore is the title of the Chorus.FM podcast

Jason Tate and fenway89 like this.
  11. ARo24

Regular

Haha, honestly can't believe anyone would be like 'can't wait to listen to that new WEK podcast!'

12. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Yeah I'd have to agree. Hopefully it's just an oversight and they'll change it, but again, I'd have to think they were already aware of Chorus' podcast.

BradBradley likes this.
  13. BradBradley

Regular

Classy move from a really talented, classy group of individuals! This band is super underrated. If their last album is any indication, the sky is the limit for these gents! Man, 2007! What a time to be alive!

14. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Encore ripoff, Chorus ripoff, if someone comes out with an AbsolutePunk.something it'll be proven we should all steal our ideas from Jason and nobody else.

joey-wan kenobi and Jason Tate like this.
  15. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

our app logo is an owl. I hope ovo don't sue us. lol. low blow though.

16. BradBradley

Regular

Absolutefunk.chorus.fm.edu/gov

GEM37 and Jason Tate like this.
  17. Looks like they're going to rename the show to:

"We the Kings: Encore"

And I've asked they refer to it as that full title everywhere when promoting.