Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Goldfinger Working on New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. lava890

Regular Supporter

Excited for this. I thought I remembered him saying he couldn't imagine releasing another full album and touring for it.

Tortfeasor85 likes this.
  3. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

No mention of the clip actually being of Nick Hexum singing?!

I was a little bummed that John is basically the only member of the "band" anymore, but having Mike of MxPx, Travis Barker, Nick Hexum, etc. helping out, I'm actually pretty excited.

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  4. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

This makes me happy. Anybody know who is actually in the band to record at this point? I know they've had a few "guests" playing with them over the last few years.

5. Tortfeasor85

Wait is it actually Goldfinger or is it a "Johnny and Friends" album?

6. Tortfeasor85

I think he also said after all the producing he has done we wouldn't be capable of taking input from band mates, or words to that effect.

7. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Can't say I've followed it closely, but I know Travis did at least a chunk of the drums. Mark Hoppus was also in the studio a few times but who knows if he did any recording. My guess would be that Feldmann is recording the bass and guitar himself. And of course, the clip in this post was just a vocal feature.

8. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Im actually a Feldman fan...not everything, but he's good at what he does. It's basically John and friends but I'll definitely check it out.

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Ugh

10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Tbh this shouldn't be released under the Goldfinger name but whatevs. I wonder what the other band members think of this. This is an interesting post by Charlie and imo not a coincidence since "Goldfinger" aka John and friends performed at musink this weekend and he posted that clip

11. gabe

gabebravo.com

It's been too long since the last one.

12. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I'm confused though..are we not hearing his voice on the track? Or does he just sound ridiculously like Feldmann?

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I'm pretty sure what you're hearing is mostly Feldmann in the clip. I was just making the comment about how the news post was about "Goldfinger making a new album" but did not mention that the linked clip featured a guest singer.

14. jorbjorb

7 rings

Johnny is probably going to play everything on it. Should just be called Johnnys album.

15. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

So I saw the promo picture they used to announce their Warped run. It was John, Mike Herrera, and someone else in not sure about.