Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen Christian to Release Solo Album This Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  2. "Remember that one time we drove out into the desert to take just one photo?"

3. Hilarious that someone asked Stephen what kind of music the album was and Stephen responded, "Good."

He stated a year or so ago that he was making a worship album. Its release on BEC Recordings seems to solidify those chances.

coleslawed and beachdude42 like this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That's what I was thinking as well

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

BEC releases music that's not strictly worship as long as it's a "Christian artist", right? I might be wrong about this haha

6. BEC releases way more than "corporate worship" music, but BEC's artists have always been straightforwardly/openly Christian, as opposed to Tooth and Nail.

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. beachdude

Gotcha. Yeah one of the few bands I really like that was for sure on BEC that I know of was Falling Up, got into them recently and their last album was phenomenal.

8. Lucas27

Trusted

Just to clarify, every album of theirs from Your Sparkling Death Cometh onward was released independently. I think Fangs! was the last album they put out with BEC and from what I've heard it was headache trying to get the label to comply with such a weird record.

Stephen Christian is my favorite vocalist so I'm sure to love anything he puts out, but I will say I'm always nervous about the quality of anything that BEC puts out.

Chase Tremaine and beachdude42 like this.
  9. beachdude

Right, I forgot about that. Maybe the label is a cause for concern then.

10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

"Adelaide, Adelaide".

With that said, I'll buy whatever this dude puts out,

Mrplum5089, GetUpAndrew and Lucas27 like this.
  11. Yeah I actually got to interview Jesse Ribordy once, the band's situation with BEC was pretty rough. Fangs! is an incredible album though -- produced/co-written by Casey Crescenzo from the Dear Hunter!

coleslawed and Lucas27 like this.
  12. We've probably discussed this before but UGH is that Falling Up album good -- one of my favorites of the whole decade

beachdude42 and Lucas27 like this.
  13. beachdude

So great... their evolution over the years was truly remarkable haha

14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

huh, I never gave Falling Up much of a chance after their first album or two, maybe I should look into their later work.

15. It's incomparable. They almost completely shed everything sounding like rap-rock and nu-metal, and they eventually became super nuanced and complex writers/performers. If you know The Dear Hunter (Casey from TREOS), he has referred to the lead singer of FU, Jesse, as one of the greatest musical geniuses he knows.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. Yeah, ironically, just yesterday morning, I was thinking back to the first album, Crashings.

"Comin' atcha like the Jackson Five!"

:crylaugh:

17. Ska Senanake

Trusted

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Spazzy McGee

Regular