Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Emery Launch Indiegogo Campaign

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Emery have launched an Indiegogo campaign for their new album:

We’ve estimated our basic costs again at $50,000, the same goal we had for YWNA. Of course, you guys crushed this goal last time. We pressed tons of expensive vinyl, paid for recording, mixing, mastering, travel, art, manufacturing, packing and shipping of all the products. After doing it once, we’re better at it, and we think we can get an even a better record out faster with your help.

2. I say it'll hit its goal by midnight.

I'm considering taking the lowest tier just because I want to hear the new version of "So Cold I Can See My Breath."

The Mysterious likes this.
  3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Loved the last album.

4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

They're already almost there.

haha love this..."plus an immediate download of advance chapters of the book "Emery, the Unlikely Masters of Rock: How Four Rednecks and a Hipster Became Screamo Legends," by Aaron Lunsford."

5. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Has to be so incredible to see your goal met so quickly

6. aniafc

Trusted

they're less than 10k away from their goal. absolutely insane

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

vinyl perk purchaseddd

The Mysterious and coleslawed like this.
  8. ibanez966

Average of $50 a backer too which seems high for music. Sucks they tied to locked rewards to the number of backers and not monetary as I doubt we'll get to the full-length version of Reimagined.

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Incredible band! can't believe they are still going this strong after all these years.

truelovewaits and The Mysterious like this.
  10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I'm actually pro this as a means to making a record. If people are willing to do it and it's going directly to making a record, no problem. Go these guys

11. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

To have that support still is so awesome.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Was a proud supporter of their last campaign for You Were Never Alone. Stoked to see they're going this route again!

Also: backed!

The Mysterious and coleslawed like this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Anytime I have met any of the dudes- they have been so incredibly kind and humble as hell. It makes me happy to know they have a loyal fan base to support them.

14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

And backed.. Very excited about this.

15. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

You Were Never Alone gradually became one of my favorite records over the last couple years so I backed this in a heartbeat. Their acoustic show was one of the best live performances I've ever seen and I'm hoping they keep this up cause I still need to see them with the full band.

16. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

It felt such a privilege, and an honest "thank you" to have the names of higher tiered backers in YWNA's liner notes. I'm honored to do the same for this record, $50 backed in a heartbeat.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yes! Was wondering where you were!

18. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

pretty cool. don't think i'm gonna chip in, but they always were a cut above the rest because of how strongly they arranged vocals.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Chip in!! I want that 2,500 backer lp! Haha

20. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Here! Baby x2 is on the way, finding forum time is getting difficult. Someday I'll pop over and rank Emery's albums, your tag did not go unseen! What are your thoughts on the Classics Reimagined EP?

Jason Tate and teebs41 like this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Enjoyed it a ton. Been through it twice, actually prefer this version of the smile the face

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Congrats on baby number two! Awesome

23. Incredible, You Were Never Alone was excellent. I wonder if they will go with Aaron Marsh again for the production. He's perfect for this band.

teebs41 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

lol they def have never recorded with Aaron marsh unless you mean Aaron sprinkle

25. woops, yeah I meant Aaron Sprinkle haha. idk why I mixed them up

teebs41 likes this.