Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Chance the Rapper Talks Apple Deal

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Chance the Rapper has posted on Twitter a little more about his deal with Apple:

I wanna clear things up. @apple gave me half a mil and a commercial to post Coloring Book exclusively on applemusic for 2 weeks

Damn.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Good for him. He didn't have to explain himself, but I love the insight. I think it worked out well for all parties involved.

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

That's awesome.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Bums me out that people think being independent means you should make no money. Like of course he's trying to make a profit, but he's doing it under his own terms. I actually had friends try to discredit him when he donated $1 mil to CPS because they said "if he's so independent, how does he have all his money to give". Drove me insane, the two are not correlated. It's inspiring to have such a transparent person who genuinely seems interested in making a positive difference in the world, in many ways. We need more artists like him.

5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Did people actually get mad about this?

6. CMilliken

Trusted

Have people been giving him shit for having it exclusively on Apple Music? Good for Apple for paying him that much. I think that's great for an independent artist. Don't know why people would be mad.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm afraid so. There's always going to be people who try to discredit any artist that gets to a certain level of mainstream success. It's cool to not like what's cool right?

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

So fucking dumb. Why not just be happy that the guy is successful?

9. I spent a few minutes looking at his twitter replies and just got angry.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

^Does not sound like something I want to ruin my mood with, no matter how curious I am.

FTank likes this.
  11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

your friends do realize that even if he made $0 from his albums, he still sells out his own tour in amphitheaters and headlines the biggest musical festivals all over the world...

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Preaching to the choir. I have tried and tried, but they just insist on calling him fake and hating him no matter what, so I've given up. It's one thing to not like his music, but to hate him as a person at this point is honestly absurd. I'm far less interested in where his money comes from, and far more interested in the good he has done with it now that he has it. It's nice that at least someone is trying to help Chicago, and literally putting their money where their mouth is.

13. ARo24

Regular

The guy donated a million dollars to Chicago schools and people want to talk trash about him for this? I really hate the world we live in most days.

14. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Chance is real and even if he wasn't he'd still be awesome but he's very very real

Nick and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  15. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Is this what we're offended by on the Internet this week ? Just asking

16. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Uh I'd like to see anyone getting mad about this turn down $500k from Apple for literally any work they've ever done.

17. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

he gives his shit out for free so it's pretty expected that he's gotta cut deals somehow, weird that people are angry about that

Mr. Serotonin and scottlechowicz like this.