Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 -“Parking Lot”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Blink-182 have released their new song “Parking Lot.” The deluxe edition of California will be out on May 19th.

Track Listing

1. Parking Lot
    2. Misery
    3. Good Old Days
    4. Don’t Mean Anything
    5. Hey I’m Sorry
    6. Last Train Home
    7. Wildfire
    8. 6/8
    9. Long Lost Feeling
    10. Bottom of the Ocean
    11. Can’t Get You More Pregnant
    12. Bored to Death (Acoustic)

2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Definitely different but I love it!

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

the riffs!!

4. TDenverFan

Regular

I like the song, little surprised it's the first single, it's not overly radio friendly.

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

maybe we already got the radio friendly version of the record and this one will be for the Hardcore fans

Mr. Serotonin and Chase Tremaine like this.
  6. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Will check this out when I'm not in a meeting.

I'm assuming "Hey I’m Sorry" is the Japanese bonus track, so that means 9 previously unheard tracks (not including the acoustic track). Not bad. I was anticipating a few more tracks though considering their comments about it basically being a second album.

7. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Fuck this place, let's put up a parking lot!!! Love it

AshlandATeam and Schooner like this.
  8. jorbjorb

7 rings

very different.

Raku likes this.
  9. Chuck!

Regular

I am so excited for these new songs, but it's frustrating that it's a "deluxe" version of the album. It's a whole album's worth of stuff! I don't want to buy the CD again goddammit

CMilliken likes this.
  10. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

DAMNNNNNNN fucking killin' it

You can hear the Skiba influence in this.

11. noKings

Regular

woah

12. somethingwitty

Trusted

My favorite release of their's since "Feeling This"...I could do without the "nah, nah nah's" that seem to keep using now but this is the first time I feel like I've heard Dude Ranch-style since riffs....since Dude Ranch.

Petit nain des Îles and Cola. like this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

It's decent. Enough with the na na na's though.

14. justrockroll

$16.95 for shipping?

15. Eml182

Regular

Not a single - Home Is Such A Lonely Place is the next one I believe

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

I can't imagine being in my 40s and still trying to seem like I'm a teenager. I get it, I mean, the reason blink got so popular in the first place was for songs about youth, rebellion, angst, sex, etc. At this point though it just seems sterile and bland. Nothing against hardcore fans of the band, I'm sure most will enjoy this "return" to their roots.

Raku, testtime, Letterbomb31 and 5 others like this.
  17. tomtom94

Trusted

It's a really catchy song. When they do the actual follow-up to California, though, they need to stop trying to cram everything into one song. It doesn't need the na-nas.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  18. rushlinburg

I really can't get behind the na-nas. It really kills the song for me. Also, the riff sounds very recycled. The melodies are cool though.

19. delvec19

Trusted

Right but the music is made for the fans and they still appeal to high schoolers and college kids. No one wants to hear songs about mid life crises, mortgages, alimony, and cranky knees.

20. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

you can be older and write about life experiences and still be relatable to a younger crowd. I havent listened to this yet, but Blink's last album sat odd with me for the same reason.

21. Pointy knees**

22. defmytones

Regular

Long live Skiba w/ Blink. Not sure if these were recorded during or after California but Matt sounds a lot more comfortable here.

Petit nain des Îles and bptky like this.
  23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Does Blink 182 appeal to high schoolers though? Genuine question. Are kids latching onto California the way the kids of the time latched onto Enema and TOYPAJ? Doubt it.

And I don't think California is a bad album or anything, but pop-punk occupies a different space in music than it did then. Not to mention, it's pretty reasonable to expect bands' lyrical subjects to evolve somewhat over twenty years.

24. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

25. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

musically it reminds me of older blink and I really like Matts influence but the chorus seems a bit weak, overall not bad