Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

I Prevail Want You to Know How Hard They Worked

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

I Prevail’s vocalist posted a Facebook message about how hard the band worked to get to where they are and that they didn’t pay their way to “the top”:

I love when people talk shit about I Prevail and say we “paid” our way to the top. So many assholes have no clue how much we have busted our ass to get where we are. After going to college for a semester I decided it wasn’t for me and took a leap of faith by forming my own band. I was lucky enough to come across some great fucking dudes and musicians and we decided we would spend the next year writing, recording, and putting together all the pieces it takes to form a successful band. […]

So instead of talking shit about my band, maybe you should spend some time looking in the mirror and really think about your own endeavors and how much work you’ve put into it.

Seems like someone is protesting just a tad too much.

2. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Putting in the workkkkkkkk.

"When you were surfing the web watching pointless youtube videos , I was spending 5 hours a day messaging kids on facebook and twitter asking if they would check out our music."

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Chuck!

Regular

This band is super generic. I can't believe they've gotten popular

Jake W likes this.
  4. aniafc

Trusted

i was blown away when I saw their Blank Space cover had 32 million views on Youtube, and that their debut album debuted at #15 on the top 200

5. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

The one and only time I saw them was with Dangerkids in front of 150-200 people and half the crowd left after DK. I stayed just to hear the cover and they played it in the middle of the set. There was a mass exodus after that. Their live set was good but a little too choreographed. That was a couple years ago so I'm guessing they've gotten at least a little better live haha.

Let's break this down:

Sometime in 2013: According to that post, he's been working and saving for 2 years before the band "officially" started.

March 18, 2014 - The earliest known date that the band was formed was on (according to their YouTube page).

October 27, 2014 - 1989 came out.

November 10, 2014 - Blank Space Video/Single was released.

December 1, 2014 - Blank Space cover released/FB page formed.

December 10, 2014 - They released 2 music videos.

December 17, 2014 - Heart vs Mind EP was first released.

March 25, 2015 - Signed to Fearless.

Obviously they struck gold with the Blank Space cover. There's something weird though that they started the band officially in late December and getting signed a year later without any previous experience. Maybe I'm wrong and I'd love for someone to let me know if they were in any big bands prior to I Prevail.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. BelieF

Regular

Pay2win is good.

7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I'm sorry I have no idea what that is, even after Googling it haha

8. efp722

Regular

Was there an issue that sparked this FB post other then them getting ragged on?

9. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Seriously.

10. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Let me know when he's made 5 beats a day for 3 summers.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  11. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

They have the 'number one rock album' on iTunes?

Am I missing something? Literally have never heard of these dudes, on any level, ever.

12. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

Never heard of this band. Just watched the Taylor Swift cover on YouTube. It's terrible.

13. Few things are more telling about a person than when they say things like "I love when..." or "I find it funny that..." right before launching into a diatribe of shit that they're clearly not fond of at all

Anyway, never listened to this band but this guy sounds like a big baby

14. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

He is trying too hard to convince people that his band is anything, but a fad. Comes off like he cares way too much about people's perception of his band while being super self righteous and pretentious.

15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

This post is such gold and I'm glad you wrote it.

FrankieThe4th and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  16. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

i understand the sentiment of why he would be upset, but this kind of Facebook ranting only comes off as self righteous to me.