Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom DeLonge: “They Have Someone Doing My Job for Me”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Tom DeLonge talked with the San Diego Tribune:

“Blink is in my DNA,” he said, suggesting an eventual reunion is likely. “I talk to Travis quite a bit and we try and figure out how and when it’s going to make sense.

“It’s not like I (permanently) walked away. They have someone doing my job for me (in blink). It’s just that I’m so busy. If I wanted to, I could be back (in blink) in a period of days.”

From a business perspective, DeLonge never left blink.

“I still own the band,” he noted, before quickly clarifying that he, Hoppus and Barker “own everything” blink-related.

Now I just can’t stop humming “I Could if I Wanted To.”

2. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

His recent dialogue makes me feel like he's Pop Punk Donald Trump. Like, sorry dude, that just blatantly isn't true.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I thought Mulder and Scully were the ones doing his job

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

its actually probably true

Brand New, emeryk3, Ben Lee and 2 others like this.
  5. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

yeah i mean i just dont think that's true

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. Snoblin

I mean. In literal context, it's absolutely true. But he's keeps saying that within the span of a couple days he could be back in Blink.

7. devenstonow

Noobie

It wouldn't surprise me if he has enough "ownership" stake in the band to (legally) force his way back in the band.

Raku likes this.
  8. Snoblin

I think if that were the case it would cause enough tension to have them break-up again.

Schooner likes this.
  9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

The possibilities are endless. Come on guys, we could have Aliens Exist part 2.

10. devenstonow

Noobie

This is operating under the assumption that Tom is desperately knocking on the door to rejoin. I legitimately believe he has zero interest at this point in time in rejoining

Raku likes this.
  11. defmytones

Regular

Tom needs to do like Frozen and just let it go.

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'm a Tom guy, love his songs, but at this point he should collect his checks from Blink and focus any music related endeavors towards his solo/AVA projects. I don't know the in's and out's, but it sure doesn't seem like Mark is clamoring to have him back anytime soon.

13. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Tom Delonge is always entertaining

14. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I mean is someone doing his job for him if he wouldn't do it? He skipped out on studio time three times lol. I agree, I don't think he has any interest either. And if he showed up and said "ok I'm back" I don't think there's any way Mark even tries to work with the self-producing genius and blink would just be done.

He just needs to keep dropping these quotes so his young adult fanbase can keep thinking "see he didn't quit" and still loyally buy his alien crap.

Dirty Sanchez and skurt like this.
  15. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Seems like there's just this deep underlying tension between Tom and Mark about the whole thing

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I actually dread hearing anything from Tom. Always makes himself look stupid.

Dirty Sanchez and orangehorizon like this.
  17. jorbjorb

7 rings

so entertaining. keep it up tom lol.

18. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Stop trying to make Blink with Tom happen. It's not going to happen.

19. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I'll gladly take Tom back. I love Matt and alkaline trio but it's clear (at least imo) Tom was the main creative mind in blink. The new album has no staying power with me.

Raku, Davjs, emeryk3 and 3 others like this.
  20. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Agreed

I still :heart: Tom

Raku, Davjs, emeryk3 and 1 other person like this.
  21. Most successful and easily the best Blink album in years. He should stick to what he wants to be doing.

22. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

But blink 182 seem happy.....and they're last record was good....you can stay there Tom

23. Tylar

Tom sounds insecure and delusional

24. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I'm not and never have really been a Blink fan, and even I can tell how much happier California sounds, and how much better it is than Neighborhoods. Besides Matt Skiba is a better singer than Tom by a long shot IMO, so yeah agreed Tom should stick to the stuff he wants to be doing.

25. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Tom DeLonge for President 2020

"At Least He Believes in Science..."