Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

HIM Announce Final Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

HIM have announced they will break up this year after one final tour. The full press release can be found below.

Following a long radio silence, Finnish rock giants HIM have announced a farewell tour, closing the final chapter on their 26 year career.
    “After quarter of a century of Love and Metal intertwined we sincerely feel HIM has run its unnatural course and adieus must be said in order to make way for sights, scents and sounds yet unexplored. We completed the pattern, solved the puzzle and turned the key. Thank you.” Says frontman Ville Valo

Formed in 1991 by vocalist Ville Valo, guitarist Mikko “Linde” Lindström and bassist Mikko “Migé” Paananen, HIM truly stand out as one of the rock world’s most unique acts. Beautifully blending metal, goth and hard rock with deep, thoughtful and moving lyrics, HIM offered the world a new take on the metal genre, which became known as Love Metal (also the title of their fourth album).

Over the course of eight studio albums, HIM captured the hearts and minds of fans across the globe, drawn by their irresistible and inimitable style. Under the banner of their Heartagram logo – a potent symbol encapsulating the juxtaposition of the light and dark, the fierce and forlorn, and the evil and love found in their music – HIM filled venues and crashed charts the world over, collecting numerous awards, gracing countless magazine covers and becoming the first Finnish act to achieve Gold status in the USA.

Now, four years after the release of their last studio album ‘Tears On Tape’, HIM are saying farewell, taking in 14 countries across 35 shows for their final goodbye.

“At the end of 2017 we will be released into the wild.” Says bassist Mige. “Before this event of great transformation we would love to offer you one last chance to experience our live performances in His Majesty’s service. It shall not be a weepfest but a celebration of love metal in all its lovecraftian glory! See you there!

Jun. 14 – Spain Barcelona Razzmatazz
    Jun. 15 – Spain Madrid La Riviera
    Jun. 16 – Spain Santander Sala Escenrio
    Jun. 17 – Portugal Porto Hard Club
    Jul. 01 – Finland Helsinki Tuska Festival
    Jul. 13 – Finland Tuuri Miljoonarock
    Nov. 24 – Russia St Petersburg Dk Lensoveta
    Nov. 25 – Russia St Petersburg Dk Lensoveta
    Nov. 26 – Russia Moscow Club Stadium Live
    Nov. 28 – Poland Warsaw Stodola
    Nov. 29 – Germany Hamburg Docks
    Dec. 01 – Germany Berlin Columbiahalle
    Dec. 02 – Czech Rep. Prague Forum Karlin
    Dec. 04 – Germany Leipzig Haus Auensee
    Dec. 05 – Germany Munchen Tonhalle
    Dec. 06 – Switzerland Zurich X-Tra
    Dec. 07 – Italy Milan Alcatraz
    Dec. 08 – Germany Koln Palladium
    Dec. 09 – Luxembourg Esch-Sur-Alzette Rockhal
    Dec. 11 – Holland Amsterdam Paradiso
    Dec. 12 – Holland Tilburg 013
    Dec. 14 – Scotland Glasgow Barrowland
    Dec. 15 – England Nottingham Rock City
    Dec. 16 – England Manchester Academy
    Dec. 17 – England London Roundhouse

2. devenstonow

Noobie

I hope Bam isn't too torn up about this

emeryk3, bptky, angrycandy and 4 others like this.
  3. Honestly didn't know they were still together. Last time I listened to them was probably in 2009 or 2010. The album they released that year is one of the worst listens I had in my entire life. Truly awful. I don't remember if they were ever good back in the day.

4. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I'm sure he is fine. God these guys bring me back to the CKY days. I actually jammed 96 Bitter Beings this weekend. That riff still rips. RIP Ryan Dunn :heart:

bptky, Schooner, js977 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Their 90s stuff is great

6. heymattrick

Sending my love

Never considered myself a huge fan, really only got into them because they were on Projekt Revolution in 2007, followed them for Dark Light, Venus Doom, and Screamworks, saw them I think 4 times total. Never were really that impressive live but I liked their songs. Definitely had quite the career so no shame in hanging it up.

7. alexjlow

Regular

Band was huge for me growing up. I think 'Love Metal' is honestly an incredible album. Makes sense for them to call it a day now to be honest. They did that sound and did it well for a long time. Will be at the show in London for sure.

skogsraet and truelovewaits like this.
  8. bloodinthesand

Regular

100% SPOT ON

9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

one of my first band shirts was HIM after i bought Dark Light. i'd love to see em again if it came close.

skogsraet likes this.
  10. Schooner

Trusted

Dark Light is such a sweet album.
    I used to play to death that best of compilation from about 2004
    Wish there was more than Europe on this tour

11. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

Thought this was about HAIM. I was confused. Glad I was dumb and they're sticking together.

12. Schooner

Trusted

What's a Haim?

Raku likes this.
  13. chcougar1

Trusted

Exactly what I thought I read too.

14. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Totally agree with Alex and HIM was my first band shirt as well!! This band was my favorite when I was 13 so they mean a lot to me and I've never seen them alive so I'm definitely catching them on this tour, no question.

js977 likes this.
  15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i only saw them on projekt revolution, so a proper headliner would be really cool

16. Ohhh now I remember my older brother having a HIM sweat with Ville smoking cigarettes on the back. Looked both cool and corny at the time