Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lorde – “Green Light” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Aaron Mook Mar 2, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 2, 2017)
    YES. A bit different, much more upbeat and energetic. I was sold by the second chorus. Cool video, too.

kwilcox likes this.
  3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Love the new song. Very catchy, and love the piano part.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Ehhhh, not into this

Serenity Now likes this.
  5. Joseph Pepe

Dig this. Anyone catch Jack Antonoff playing piano in the bathroom. Guessing he co-wrote this one.

6. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Love it! Different vibe but same atmosphere. She sounds and looks gorgeous. Hope she tours this year (outside of festivals)

7. Apparently he produced the whole album

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

weird song

9. Liz

Ew, David

I love this song and I love that Grant Singer directed the video

10. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I came in here hoping someone would have confirmed that. This song is going to be MASSIVE on radio. Now i'm stoked for the whole album.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. That prechorus comes us such an incredible surprise, such a thematic shift from the verses. In a moment, the song changes genres, changes keys, and changes its meaning. I never liked anything from Lorde's debut, but this has my full attention.

12. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

Still sounds great and still dances weird.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  13. Best pop song of the year thus far

14. Huh, I noticed the same thing (the crazy tonal shift) but thought it was too jarring. I'll probably really like this song after a couple listens, it seems like one of those.

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Very interesting. Her delivery on that pre-chorus is weirdly almost snarling. I think this will be a more overt pop album with overtones of sarcasm and critique. Looking forward to this. Also, song gets better with more listens.

16. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

this is massive

Mr. Serotonin and Eric Wilson like this.
  17. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

what makes you give it the descriptor "weird"

18. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Such a really, really good tune.

19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Her inflections are interesting, like she draws out the "selffffff", then goes into her chest delivering the second half of the phrase. It's weird in the sense that it's off-kilter to me, not that its bad at all. It gives more life to the vocals

heymattrick likes this.
  20. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

goddamn that was a spiritual experience

21. Rushmore33

I love the lyrics, it conveys a lot of different emotions in its four minutes. She's a fantastic songwriter, but damn, I really miss the production style from her first batch of tunes. Take away the words and the delivery, and the music sounds like everything else on the radio right now, whereas the Pure Heroine stuff had this minimalism and this edge to it that really set it apart. This won't get the same Alternative Radio love because it's Pop with a capital P, which isn't a bad thing at all, but definitely removes a layer of interest for me.

22. I don't think this sounds like much on the radio right now tbh

paperlung and Lucas27 like this.
  23. Rushmore33

It has Antonoff's fingerprints all over it tbh. As someone who spent a lot of time in the media criticizing music by people like David Guetta, this is something I could hear Guetta creating. It's not bad, it just doesn't have that freshness that "Royals" had when it dropped.

24. Lucas27

Trusted

Am I the only one getting serious Joshua Tree-vibes from that chorus? And that piano in the chorus reminds me of Bruce Hornsby. It's like all my favorite things about the 80's in a Lorde song. I absolutely love this.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  25. I agree that this has Jack's fingerprints on it (a good thing) but this does not sound like a David Guetta song at alllll

Petit nain des Îles likes this.