Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Matt Skiba Interviewed for The Truth Barrel

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Matt Skiba of Blink-182 and Alkaline Trio was on a recent episode of The Truth Barrel podcast:

Grammy-nominated guitarist and vocalist for Blink-182 and Alkaline Trio, Matt Skiba, joins Neil and Gabby in The Truth Barrel to discuss his career, his relationships, and the life philosophy that has led to his success. It’s not what you’d expect. In this powerful interview, he discusses facing the disappointment of his father when he decided to become a musician, the exact moment he quit drugs and alcohol, the surprising reason he asked a bandmate to leave the group, and what it was like to take over as frontman for one of the biggest bands of its genre. Along the way, you’ll learn Matt’s secret for staying positive, connected, and powerful – and the difference between a nice person and a good person. Hint: A good person isn’t always nice.

It’s a really interesting episode. Recommended.

2. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Can confirm. Listened today. Good talk.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. Ryan Feb 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 28, 2017)
    Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Gonna check this out now, I still think A3's last record was their best in years.

EDIT: Wow, he says a lot. Had no idea about his parents, or the ex A3 drummer stuff, wow.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. awesome interview. matt seems so cool.

5. AgainstMe182

That Neil Strauss guy sounds so annoying. I hated all the forced interpretations and faux-psychotherapy.

LiveFast_DieOld, Chuck! and paperlung like this.
  6. Chuck!

Regular

Great listen, though the hosts are certainly kinda annoying

7. jaubut

Holy shit, I had the exact same thought he needs to stop cutting Matt off and let him speak

8. AgainstMe182

Yeah dude, Matt seemed awesome, Those hosts just killed it for me.

9. The Pharmacist

Legal Drug Dealer Prestigious

Very awesome interview. Love hearing about families and their youth

10. The Pharmacist

They Couldn't interrupt anymore.

11. The Pharmacist

They love to hear themselves speak

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

finally finished listening to this; really cool talk. he's had such an interesting life, had no idea.