Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

How YouTube Serves as the Content Engine of the Internet’s Dark Side

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Joseph Bernstein, writing for BuzzFeed:

But it’s on YouTube where he really goes to work. Since Nov. 4, four days before the election, Seaman has uploaded 136 videos, more than one a day. Of those, at least 42 are about Pizzagate. The videos, which tend to run about eight to fifteen minutes, typically consist of Seaman, a young, brown-haired man with glasses and a short beard, speaking directly into a camera in front of a white wall. He doesn’t equivocate: Recent videos are titled “Pizzagate Will Dominate 2017, Because It Is Real” and “#PizzaGate New Info 12/6/16: Link To Pagan God of Pedophilia/Rape.”

Seaman has more than 150,000 subscribers. His videos, usually preceded by preroll ads for major brands like Quaker Oats and Uber, have been watched almost 18 million times, which is roughly the number of people who tuned in to last year’s season finale of NCIS, the most popular show on television.

2. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Pizzagate? What the #!$@ is that?

Edit: I googled it. Still a little confused but at least it's not some stupid made up like hipster thing that I assumed it'd be.

3. It's made up, and it's way worse than what you thought it was. It dangerously escalated and some people still believe it happened.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Especially Alex Jones. Jesus Christ that guy has some weird ass rants.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Oh really? Jesus

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. Yeah pretty sure someone took it seriously and shooted people at that place, I don't remember what happened exactly

7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Then again, him being high and drunk on Rogan's podcast was one of the best things I've ever heard.

suicidesaints and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  8. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

That's what I'm talking about haha. "Intergalactic pedophiles are taking over the planet!!!"

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

It's funny, him being intoxicated actually lead to his ADD spinning out of control. You know it's bad when Eddie Bravo of all people are trying to calm him down and stay on 1 topic. The cool part about it was that he had 85,000 viewers watching it live on his YouTube and I'm assuming it's one of Rogan's most downloaded episodes. As a fellow podcaster (on a very smaller scale), it's great when this media actually has an audience and I'm not doing it just for myself.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.