Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Mayer to Release Full ‘The Search for Everything’ Album Next

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

John Mayer has announced that The Search for Everything album will contain 14 songs, and that the next “wave” will be the entire album.

Does this mean 14 more songs, or 6 more songs? Weird rollout.

The Search For Everything album will contain 14 songs. The next drop will be the entire album. Stay tuned…[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

— John Mayer (@JohnMayer) February 24, 2017

2. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

It'll be six more songs. Wish this tour was coming through SLC.

3. Source?

That sucks. Cause the first four are really bad. Thought he had buckets of new music or something to share.

CMilliken likes this.
  4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

What happened to 4 songs a month for a year? Thought we were getting 48 songs??

Schooner, CMilliken and Barcara like this.
  5. Barcara

Regular

Yep, this is weird.

E: Not complaining, quality over quantity after all (though not all of the stuff from the previous waves has wowed me so far), but it's still weird.

CMilliken likes this.
  6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Yes I agree, but with the first two waves being as good as they've been I had high hopes for a ton of songs like that. But, if the other 6 are just as good it'll be his best release in a decade

7. There goes everyone's expectation for 48 songs in 2017.

8. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Yeah, that was misleading...

Enjoyed Wave One.
    Don't think I'll be revisiting Wave Two.

9. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

Maybe not the most soild source but from what he says here I imagine it'll be 14 total songs.

10. DooDooBird

Trusted

These latest John Mayer songs remind me of the last Gary Clark Jr album. So disappointing. I can appreciate the musicianship involved, but I don't find the songs all that enjoyable. Feels too experimental and unfocused.

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

He also said he'll continue releasing waves every month after the album.

smowashere and pauljgreco like this.
  12. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Hoping for lots of new music in waves so I can pick and choose an album's worth of enjoyable ones haha. The first wave was a pleasant listen but it didn't catch me enough for much replay.

13. thecobrakais

Regular

I enjoyed wave one. Thought it had a little flavor from continuum on. Curious why those were really bad to you.

Schooner likes this.
  14. ManBearPuig

I've thought both waves have been great so I guess I'm in the minority here.

Schooner likes this.
  15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

So far, I think this stuff is about on Paradise Valley level. Still waiting for that one knockout track, though "Helpless" and "You're Gonna Live Forever in Me" come pretty close. It definitely ain't better than Born and Raised though.

Also, we're going to keep getting waves after the album comes out, supposedly, so even if the album is these eight songs plus six more, I still don't think that's it for this project.

SpyKi and artbynickferran like this.
  16. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

I'm still hoping for a the 1975-tppe drop where these eps have been based on singles from the album and are built out to let him flex a bit before getting down to business, as well as get peple pumped. No source, no evidence, but that's what my gut is saying. My gut also told me to buy that taco from a truck yesterday, so I wouldn't bet the bank.

17. CMilliken

Trusted

June 7th at USANA

18. Schooner

Trusted

I'm so freakin confused right now. I was actually really enjoying the 4 song waves. I just fully absorbed wave1 and was pumped to start wave2 today. The 4 songs a month was great for my absorption.
    Oh well. New John Mayer anyway.

truelovewaits likes this.
  19. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I think he learned 48 Dead songs instead.

Schooner and truelovewaits like this.
  20. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

hopefully!

21. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

Unfortunately it's a Grateful Dead feat. John Mayer show.

22. CMilliken

Trusted

That's mega lame! Didn't realize this.