Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Aaron Sprinkle – “Real Life”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Oh Aaron.... what is going on here

3. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I feel like a lot of people might hate this, but I love it. haha

4. simonbelmont

Regular

Meh, Fair needs to come back.

5. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I love Fair. But I love Aaron's solo stuff just as much (if not more) so I'm fine with Fair being done since Aaron's continuing his solo stuff now.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. simonbelmont

Regular

The auto tune, crazy synths, and over production of his solo stuff just isn't my bag. I love this guy and NEARLY everything he does.

7. Benjamin Lee Feb 24, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 24, 2017)
    Benjamin Lee

Trusted

There's not really any auto tune? Maybe a vocoder a couple times, but a vocoder is more like a guitar amp for the voice than something to make up for lack of vocal skills. He also only has one pop album (two when this comes out), but then three acoustic/alternative/indie records that came out 1999-2001. So I don't know. I wouldn't say it's over-produced. It's just pop. Not saying you're wrong to dislike his most recent releases, just trying to defend them a bit.

8. simonbelmont Feb 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 25, 2017)
    simonbelmont

Regular

Then the Vocoder reminds me of auto-tune? Lol doesn't matter whatever it is I'm not a fan. I would agree to disagree on over production. It just feels far too synthetic, especially when considering that this man has raw, immense vocal talent when left unblemished by production.

I'm aware of the acoustic, indie earlier releases I lump them in with this because they were raw enough that quality was affected IMO.

I understand and more than respect your position, this is an artist/producer we both just appreciate for different reasons no more no less.

Disappearing World and TBWCS were just absolutely wonderful and I personally feel that more music in that vein is what is badly needed in the indie music genre.

As an artist though he needs to produce whatever he wants, which is beauty of artistic freedom. Just not my bag.

9. simonbelmont Feb 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 25, 2017)
    simonbelmont

Regular

I've never been a fan of either his old solo stuff or the new. I liked earlier/indie stuff better but not by very much. Especially with last two solo efforts, I absolutely detest Pop/R&B/Synth/ Indie Pop/Whatever You'd Call This....but, that of course doesn't mean I don't appreciate this man beyond belief.

I have no idea what my musical tastes would be if not for Aaron Sprinkle. He has produced almost all of my favorites...and with Fair he was a big part of two of my very favorite albums. I couldn't put into words how much I appreciate this man's mere presence on this planet. I love everything about this guy, and would root for anything he does even if it doesn't meet my personal approval.

But to repeat my original thought I miss Fair I'd give anything for one more album, I understand why they can't come back though (being so spread apart, having their own original projects and everything else that makes life far too complicated).

10. Lucas27

Trusted

Aaron Sprinkle's voice turns everything it touches into gold. It's the definition of enchanting. That said, this is probably my least favorite song he's put out in awhile. I love good pop music and Water & Guns did an excellent job balancing pop with the melodic bent that made Fair so great. But the melody in this song gets a little drowned out in the production to me. There's just too much going on for me. That said, I still like it, Sherri's voice sounds great, and I really like "Invincible" so I'm not worried about this album.

Also, Fair's Disappearing World is one of the most underrated albums out there and the more people know about that album the better the world will be. Fact.

hermanthehermit and simonbelmont like this.
  11. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I liked the first tune more than this one but I love stuff like this. There is a place for synthetic sounds like this. I love a little bit of everything and can't wait for more of this.