Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tech Companies Are Speaking Out Against Trump’s Transgender Ruling

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bloomberg:

Companies including Apple, Facebook and Microsoft released statements and tweets following the administration’s announcement on Wednesday to withdraw legal guidance put in place by the Obama administration in May. The guidance had directed schools to allow transgender students to use bathrooms consistent with their gender identity.

Trump’s policy is inhumane and cruel.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  2. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I think that maybe Donald Trump was a bad choice to be the President of the United States of America, which is really weird bc I can't recall any evidence going into this thing that would've suggested such a thing.

Oh wait.

Yup.

Yeah, that's right.

Everything. Everything suggested that he would run America into the ground and then through to the Earth's core where it turns out is actually where hell is.

3. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Yeah, but he's not afraid to speak his mind, which undeniably makes him a better choice over any other candidate.

4. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Not sure how to read this, so I'm just going to write out both of my possible responses.

1) Haha good one!

2) Nope.

5. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Not sure if this is supposed to be sarcastic or not? I hope so...

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Can't believe people are still spewing this shit

7. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

8. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

It totally is; I might have to brush up on my written sarcasm skills a little.

omgrawr likes this.
  9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

My bad. Hahaha.

10. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I don't think you can fault yourself for this. No one else including me caught that it was sarcasm either.

FTank likes this.
  11. Saephon

Regular

We're living in a Poe's Law timeline now, where people can say literally Pro-Nazi shit and you can't tell if they're joking or not. Things are that bad.

Luroda and Fucking Dustin like this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I definitely thought it came across as sarcasm haha but I guess our social climate is scary enough that someone could actually still believe it

13. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

It hit me the other day how we're at a point in life where we will continue to accept people as non-assholes, in order to ourselves look like lesser assholes for calling the assholes out. For instance, I don't want to spew negativity into the universe - so I don't call people out on being assholes. When the reality is, I'm accepting people with questionable moral fabric, as I oftentimes say "they're onlyike this because of their position (leader/manager/boss/whatever), they're really a cool person." When the reality is they suck as a person, and will ultimate do the bidding for others' horrible intentions because they're morally/ethically corrupt.

It's so confusing.