Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Acceptance Stream New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Alright, here we go...

3. As someone who really didn't care for the two pre-release singles, I am seriously LOVING this album.

coleslawed and truelovewaits like this.
  4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Very encouraging post! I was very skeptical

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. stories

lucid dreaming. Supporter

this album as a whole is really good. some songs do stand out on their own more. but i think listening to it in its entirety helps.

6. momo32t

Trusted

Words can't describe how happy I am. I saw that the vinyl on merchnow sold out. Any other places to find this besides Amazon without buying a bundle?

7. SRC has it.

8. momo32t

Trusted

Just the man to ask. Whats your take on SRC? I've heard mixed things with respect to customer service.

9. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Christian still owes me his guitar from the PledgeMusic campaign.

I'm thinking about just demanding he hand me whatever he's playing at tomorrow's album release show in LA.

10. I've never had issues with them, personally, but I've read the same stories and a lot of people hate them. I've ordered quite a bit from them and they've always been nice to work with. Speaking of ... there's an affiliate link:

Acceptance - Colliding By Design LP

I get a kickback.

11. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Just finished my first listen, and I think the write up from Billboard was pretty on point. I would not have appreciated this at 16, which makes me kind of glad it has shown up in 2017. I'll definitely have this on a few more times over the next few days, and maybe longer.

12. Terry

I and my brother purchase a TON from them. Also I've met and talked with them at length. They've always been really great. Obviously pressing delays suck, but that has nothing to do with them.

13. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Can't wait to listen to this thing

14. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

oh yeah it's good!

15. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Loving this.

16. sooner518

Regular

2006 - 2015 - if you had asked me what band i want to get back together and make a new album, I would have, without hesitation, said Acceptance. Then the lats 2 years, waiting for them to finish this thing and release it, my anticipation was so high.

The fact that this album meets my totally unreasonable 12 year expectations for it, is a testament to what these guys have done. bravo

17. jco3

Regular

This was a surprise to me. I'll be listening later for sure.

18. colemanbright

So cool to get another Acceptance album after waiting all this time. My favorites are "Come Closer," "Sunset," "When I Was Cursed," and "Golden."

Something I always loved about Phantoms was the powerful rhythm guitar work, which I'm really missing on this album. "Take You Away" sounded much more like Phantoms to me, and I enjoy it more than anything on the new album.

On CBD the synth and delayed, floating guitar parts are cool sometimes, but man it just kinda made me want to go back and listen to Phantoms--I'm so glad Phantoms exists haha.

19. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

This is really great. Nothing like Phantoms, but that is ok by me. I'll be listening to this all weekend!

20. reesy

TBH on first listen I was a little disappointed. Sounds a little over-produced and the instruments sound too artificial. Jason has one of the best voices in the business, but at times gets a little lost behind all the effects and noise. As soon as I made it through the album, I immediately wanted to revisit Phantoms. Hopefully it grows on me..

ibanez966 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  21. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Really, really good. "73" has been on repeat all day.

22. This is where I'm at right now. It totally could grow on me, and I'm fine with pop, but sometimes it veers a little too close to the kind of vanilla bombastic pop I'm not interested in. However, I made my first listen while I was doing homework, and usually that means I didn't pay attention very well, so I'm going into my next couple listens with an open mind.

ibanez966 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  23. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I think it has a lot to do with how SRC was really quick to bump up prices to artificial levels when they'd press an album. There was always an outrage over their price gouging up until it became the norm for major releases to be priced that high.
    On top of that, there was something about them securing rights to records that artists wanted to press themselves, I want to say a Lydia record was in there? There was a Cartel record as well that they pressed and frustrated the band.

On the other hand, I've heard some people complain about the way the label handles customer service related issues. From my perspective, I love the quality of their pressings, but I don't like paying an arm and a leg for them. If I can't get a record from a secondary seller, usually I don't buy from them. With that being said, they have always been quick to respond to me and I don't really understand the fuss people have over their customer service.

24. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Oooh my god. This album... "Fire and Rain" is .. no words. :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. xburningcoffin

KC

I'm not sure how all these others have been so lucky, the 4 times I ordered something from them I had errors/terrible customer service. They put up these preorders without any guarantee that they can secure the orders in a timely fashion (this was the main error I had with them). When you try to cancel they ignore your request, happened for me 3 out of 4 times...I have stopped ordering from them completely, there are so many other companies out there and I have given them a fair shake considering they don't have anything really obscure or out of the ordinary.