Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twenty One Pilots Spend 28 Weeks at Number One

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Twenty One Pilots’ hit “Heathens” has now spent 28 weeks at number one on the Hot Rock Songs chart, breaking the record set by Walk the Moon:

Now with 28 weeks at No. 1 (as of the chart dated March 4), “Heathens” — the duo’s single from the Suicide Squad soundtrack — has spent more time atop the chart than any other song, dating to the tally’s June 2009 inception.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  2. Congrats to the band!

3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Wow

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Crappy song though

5. Lucas27

Trusted

I remember hearing "Guns For Hands" the first time back in 2012 and honestly thinking they would be one of the biggest bands in the world. But it's crazy seeing it happen.

heymattrick likes this.
  6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

So awesome for them.

7. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I guess I find this a little confusing. So this is different than the Alternative Song chart. @o@

I've been doing a predictive analysis project on billboard data for the #1 seed on the alternative songs for the last 15 years, but now I'm wondering if I should pull the data from the Rock songs chart instead.

8. polyfilla

who can never be sure

ohio KILLIN it

Turkeylegz likes this.
  9. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

This clarifies so much about the inexplicable success of Suicide Squad.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

In before the first "I still don't get them"

polyfilla and Turkeylegz like this.
  11. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Wow! I had NO idea this song was that big. Happy for them and hope they keep rolling! "Tear in My Heart" would be a massive summer single.

coleslawed and heymattrick like this.
  12. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Yeah I don't understand why tear in my heart never got any radio play. Especially because it's the most "accessible" off Blurryface - at least imo

chewbacca110 and Turkeylegz like this.
  13. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I'm also surprised about Tear in My Heart. After they dropped Fairly Local as the first single I wasn't sure what direction the era was going to head in, and when they released TIMH, I immediately thought they were going to be the biggest band in the world and that song was going to blow up. It didn't happen exactly that way but I'm just so proud to see how far this little band I love has come.

I saw them for the 17th time this past Wednesday. Still the same passion and energy as when I first saw them as an opening band in 2013!

polyfilla and Turkeylegz like this.
  14. DallasSF

"Tear In My Heart" was the first radio single from the album and reached #2 on the alternative chart back in 2015. It just pales in comparison to the next 3 singles, which all crossed over to Top 40 & Hot AC and were HUGE.

15. polyfilla

who can never be sure

ah, didn't know that. I guess what I should've said is that I'm shocked it never crossed over to top 40!

Turkeylegz likes this.