Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Louis C.K. To Release Two Standup Specials With Netflix

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Louis C.K. will debut a new standup special via Netflix on April 4th.

Louis C.K. has set two new stand-up specials at the deep-pocketed streaming giant, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The first special, titled 2017 and filmed in Washington, D.C., will premiere April 4. The comedian had a four-night stint in D.C. in January as part of his 2016-17 tour that concluded last week. in A date and title for the second has yet to be determined.

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm so excited. My 2nd favorite comedian behind bill burr.

Kingjohn_654 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

Netflix is becoming the home for stand up specials. I love it.

4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

5. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Seeso is giving them a run for their money though. They just need to get some bigger names other than DiPaolo and Joey Diaz.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Seeso is decent, but it's more for comedy nerds than the mainstream fan. Also, they've still got lots of issues with their website streaming properly.

I will give it to them for upping their content though. They're releasing seasons of their originals pretty quickly (4 seasons of Bajillion Dollar Properties within a year or so)

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Very much hype.

8. Behind the Barricade

That's true. They just need that mainstream artist since Netflix has new Louie, Chris Rock and it got leaked that Jim Norton's new one will be on Netflix as well.

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah. I'm sure in time, Seeso will do that. They definitely have a lot of good stuff, but I don't think they are really competing with Netflix at this point... kinda seems like it's more for a specific demographic.

10. JM95 Feb 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 22, 2017)
    JM95

Trusted

Didn't get to see him on tour. Heard this show's better than his previous special though so I'm excited for this.

11. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I'm sure it'll be good though, I just love that tweet so I had to post it

suicidesaints likes this.
  13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Love Louis. Netflix need to step up their UK stand up shows though.

14. Davjs

Trusted

@Behind the Barricade @suicidesaints I have never even heard of Seeso before lol. Besides the Bill Burrs, Louie and Anthony Jeselnik I just love going to the Netflix Original page and just watching all the stand ups they have on there.

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Seeso is a streaming platform specifically for comedy. They are only a year or two old so they don't have a ton of content, but they have enough to keep you busy for a while. Stand up, SNL, Monty Python, Kids In The Hall, original series... It's not bad, but the catalog is still growing, so after a month or two (for me at least) I had kinda run out of stuff to watch. That being said, they've released more seasons of some of the originals I was watching, so I'll probably jump back on and catch up soon.

Davjs likes this.
  16. Behind the Barricade

Yeah like @suicidesaints said, it's still growing. In a year or 2, I think it could be a real force in comedy, almost like the Netflix of comedy.

suicidesaints and Davjs like this.
  17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I really hope they continue to grow and succeed. It's an awesome thing for comedy nerds like myself.