Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Madina Lake Announces Reunion Shows

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Madina Lake has announced some reunion shows in the UK. Dates are below.

05/26 – London, UK @ O2 Islington
    05/27 – Birmingham, UK @ Slam Dunk Festival
    05/28 – Leeds, UK @ Slam Dunk Festival
    05/29 – Hatfield, UK @ Slam Dunk Festival
    05/30 – Manchester, UK @ Sound Control
    05/31 – Glasgow, UK @ King Tuts

2. DallasSF

Songs from their debut never get skipped when they come up on shuffle. Glad they're back.

3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

always were an underrated band. only saw em once on warped but it was a great show.

4. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

the fear factor band!

5. chcougar1

Trusted

It's too bad they only caught on in the U.K. I saw these guys like 7 times in a year around 2006-2007

Me & My Arrow and Kellan like this.
  6. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

This has been in the works for a while. I really hope they do some US dates but it doesn't look likely. They are VASTLY more popular overseas. When they toured with The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, RJA headlined in the US but Madina Lake headlined in Europe.

This band meant everything to me when I was an emo teenager. I traveled thousands of miles to see them between 2007 and 2011.

I'm seriously considering flying to the UK for the London show and the first date of Slam Dunk. I made a lot of friends through these guys.

7. Me & My Arrow

John | Align in Time

These guys were incredible live. They weren't the tightest performers, but their energy was infectious. I saw them at Warped Tour in MA during a torrential downpour that forced tons of people that would've otherwise been at the outdoor stages to come watch their set. It was insane, as if they had filled the Comcast Center on their own - I'd imagine they gained a lot of fans that day. The front of the amphitheater was an absolute mess of jumping and thrashing people, with water rising above our ankles. Easily the best concert experience of my life.

Really hope they pull a US tour together, but I know they gained a lot more traction in the UK than anywhere else. A full performance of From Them, Through Us, To You would be amazing.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  8. Solidus

This is a war, sober up

According to Google they're from Illinois... why did they get so big in the UK compared to here? I noticed the final leg of their farewell tour was in the UK too. Weird.

9. Me & My Arrow

John | Align in Time

Yeah, they didn't even do farewell shows in the US, that's how big the difference in their fandom was. It was a huge bummer. I think it basically came down to the genre. For whatever reason their type of heavier, electronic-tinged rock (bands like Fightstar and Lostprophets) was way more popular over there. They sounded more like those UK bands than anything happening in the US at the time

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

When I saw them it was raining too, but like you said the energy was infectious. The girl I was with at the time hadn't heard em before but at least enjoyed the set. I'd love to see em again.

11. aniafc

Trusted

Really hoping they can put together a US tour. I would even highly consider driving to Chicago as long as it was on a weekend

12. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

House Of Cards music video on mtv2 and mtvU. Good times

js977 and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  13. hibbletonrules

Future love, don't fall apart Prestigious

When the Cubs won the series last year, I was wearing the signed Starlin Castro Cubs jersey I got from a charity auction to raise money for Matthew's recovery. I wish they were playing some shows in the states, used to love them back in the day.

14. So glad to see them back. I wonder what happened to that supposed final EP they wanted to release in 2013.

15. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Reading this as a big autograph collector is making me cringe lol

16. hibbletonrules

Future love, don't fall apart Prestigious

Haha understandable, if it was someone 'better' than Starlin, it would be framed and hanging on my wall next to my framed autographed Michael Jordan jersey and Gordie Howe signed hockey stick.

17. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Ok now you're just showing off hahaha. Big props on both of those big ticket items! I'd love to get a Jordan jersey just because he's not only one of the greats but he doesn't sign too much.