Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

SoundSource: Taking Control of Your Mac’s Sound

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Rogue Amoeba has released their new Mac app SoundSource:

From SoundSource’s menu bar icon, you can instantly configure the audio devices your Mac uses for Input, Output and Sound Effects. In seconds, you can adjust the volume for each of your audio devices or switch between connected devices. SoundSource can also enable the soft play-thru of audio from input devices. Use the Play-Thru window to monitor any connected input, such as a microphone, right through your headphones or other output.

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Wow, this sounds fantastic! It would be a terrific help for me when I'm recording my podcast or other audio. @Jason Tate have you gotten the chance to try it yet? I'm thinking of skipping the trial and just purchasing the full version if it's working well.

3. I haven't tried it yet. I have an active license for Audio Hijack (which is also a great app), so it's a free download for me, but I haven't had time to install this one yet. The reports I saw online all seemed positive though.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Audio Hijack looks great too honestly... might end up getting one or both. Audio is one of my few big gripes with the current macOS, which is great for the most part.

Jason Tate likes this.