Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Story of the Year Recording With Aaron Sprinkle

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

What other artists/albums has he recorded?

3. Colby Searcy and Ferrari333SP like this.
  4. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I'm glad they're finally doing some new music again. Their current discography is really consistent, despite some whipsawing in terms of production. It will be great to see how Sprinkle impacts their sound.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

A big Anberlin guy, I dig

6. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

yea interested to see where they go with this. Not a fan of the last one, but The Black Swan was solid when it came out.

7. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Also Gatsbys American Dream, Eisley, Acceptance, Emery, The Almost, Mae, Copeland - a lot of scene favorites (particularly if they were ever based in Seattle) and basically everyone who ever passed through Tooth & Nail. But yeah, Aaron was critical to Anberlin's development through Cities (the band basically considered him to be a sixth member), which is why everyone was so stoked when they returned to him after all the experimentation they did with other top-shelf producers while signed to Universal.

8. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

One of my favorite bands.

Gonna miss Adam a bit on this though

10. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Bassassians is still the funniest band DVD I've ever seen. They seem like such a fun band.

Steeeve Perry and Colby Searcy like this.
  11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

ETID have the funniest DVD's, but yeah, this band is also a lot of fun too.

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Loved that DVD.

High school, pervy, teenage me loved this DVD because there was boobs in it.

13. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

"My nose is too big for a shaved head, so that's why I have a side spike."

Really missed these guys. Glad they're back.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. pbueddi

Trusted

the constant did have a few good songs on it, but wasn't great as a whole.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  15. Perfect choice, as long as this is better than The Constant, I'll be happy.

16. yeah it just didn't sound as inspired and as focused as their previous albums.

pbueddi likes this.
  17. We're building a studio

For our band

Steeeve Perry likes this.
  18. manoverboard679

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

he also produced NFG if I remember right. STOKED

edit: holy shit that pledge vid is hilarious. KOBE!

19. solxace

oh word?

[​IMG]

EXCITEMENT

20. Davjs

Trusted

The Constant has some of their best songs though. Could not be more excited about this!

21. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Which songs you thinking of?

22. Davjs

Trusted

The Children Sing, The Dream is Over and most importantly: One Threw Ate.

But I cant also see how anyone isn't a fan of The Ghost of You and I, I'm Alive, To the Burial, Holding onto You, Ten Years Down or Eye for an Eye either.

23. The Ghost Of You And I and To The Burial were my favorite ones, probably because they sound like a continuation of The Black Swan. Eye For An Eye feels like a throwback to In The Wake Of Determination, but yeah the rest wasn't as good, besides that one Weezer-like song. The whole thing sounds like they were trying to cater to fans of every era of the band, especially those from Page Avenue, which is by far their worst album, so that's why it doesn't sound really focused.

24. Davjs

Trusted

I think they were trying to cater for sure, because In The Wake didn't do as well as they thought it would and wanted the page fans back. I thought song for song it was super solid though and I kinda like the mix of heavy and soft like Black Swan.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  25. They were kinda bummed by the poor sales though, I'm Alive was the most Page Avenue song and it didn't catch the airwaves like they thought it would.

Davjs likes this.