Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Katy Perry – “Chained to the Rhythm”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Spoiler: It's not good.

3. kait_whiteside

I hate how she stretches out the syllables in the word "rhythm." That didn't work on "Unconditionally" and it still doesn't work here. I'm a Katy fan but I think I'm gonna pass on this one.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I liked it enough for a Katy Perry song. It'll definitely be a hit.

5. Spenny

Regular

I actually really enjoy this song, definitely an easy addition to my playlist.

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I like it. It doesn't go hard like I expected but I enjoy it and it's not what I expected from her. I do appreciate that she's been speaking out so much lately. I hope she's had a lot of growth.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

I kinda dig it but idk if it's first single worthy

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

The "bubble bubble, trouble trouble" part sounds like a Jessie J song XD. Also something sounds off on the timing of how "to the rhythm" sounds. I feel like the chorus could go harder and be more exciting. Other than that it's not bad. I don't usually enjoy her music.

If this is an indication of how the next album will sound, it will probably be the first time I can get through an album of hers, lol.

9. DearCory

Regular

I'm digging it... the "dance dance dance to the distortion" makes me think of Heads Will Roll

10. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I feel like the song tries to have 3 different hooks, but all 3 fall flat. Not by a huge proportion, just slightly outside of what I would expect from her.

Still faithful of a better single or for this to grow on me.