Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

New Star Wars-Themed Lands for Disney Parks Announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Disney:

During the “Wonderful World of Disney: Disneyland 60” special that aired last night on ABC-TV, we shared some exciting details about the Star Wars-themed lands planned for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. Walt Disney Imagineering has joined forces with the imagination of Lucasfilm to bring this galaxy to life, and the illustrations shared during the TV special show the epic scale of these new lands.

I’m so in.

2. Seeing the words "Imagineering" and "imagination" in the same sentence seems hecka redundant.

3. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

... Star Wars land at Disneyland has been under construction for months and months. I thought that this was announced ages ago? Is there something new that I missed related to Star Wars land?

Raku likes this.
  4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

S/O to the Souls!

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  5. andycastro

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

So stoked. Tomorrow Land has been Star Wars-y lately as well.

7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Three year old news is great to read.

The only new news is the opening year was announced.

Also, Pandora, World of Avatar opens this Memorial Day weekend at Animal Kingdom.

Raku likes this.
  8. They announced today, on their earning call, that they'd be open in 2019.
    Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger just made the announcement many of you have been so anxious to hear during today’s Walt Disney Company Q1 FY17 Earnings call.
    Given that I'd never posted about said parks before, I thought it was worth pointing to the announcement post. The site post has that info, it never updated here.

9. transrebel59

Regular

Two different things, though. Imagineers are people.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. transrebel59

Regular

I'll be there on opening day. Have been to the majority of Disney park and ride openings in the past decade and this won't be different.

11. Yes I get that--I was just pointing out the redundancy of the root word. It's spoon-feeding people information to describe to us that Imagineers use their imaginations. It's like saying in a news article, "The tailors, who tailor clothing, are..."

coleslawed, Raku and FTank like this.
  12. transrebel59

Regular

Oh! Gotcha haha English is not my first language and things like this are new to me

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  13. No worries :)