Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ben Gibbard Leads Benefit Show in Support of Standing Rock

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Death Cab for Cutie’s Ben Gibbard will be leading a special benefit show in support of Standing Rock. The full press release can be found below.

Death Cab for Cutie’s Ben Gibbard is leading a benefit concert to show solidarity with the Dakota Access Pipeline protestors. The benefit show will take place Sunday, March 5, at Seattle’s Showbox with all proceeds going directly to the Water Protector Legal Collective – the on-the-ground legal team fighting to protect civil and human rights of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and its allies gathered at the resistance camps at Standing Rock, North Dakota. Tickets for the benefit show go on sale Wednesday, February 8 and will be available for purchase HERE. Joining Gibbard on this special evening will be Seattle’s very own singer/songwriter Naomi Wachira and famed novelist, Sherman Alexie, who will share a reading.
    “I arranged this benefit because I was appalled by Donald Trump’s executive order to reinstate construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline. I believe water is more precious than oil and thoroughly support the right of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe to defend both their land and sovereign treaty rights. All proceeds from this show will go to the Water Protector Legal Collective who continue to provide legal support for Native activists and their allies throughout this ongoing fight for justice,” stated Ben Gibbard.