Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

When We Were Young Fest Lineup Announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The lineup for the When We Were Young festival has been announced. You can find all the artists below and tickets are on sale now. The festival will take place April 8th and 9th at The Observatory in Santa Ana, California.

• Morrissey
    • AFI
    • Descendents
    • Cage the Elephant
    • Taking Back Sunday
    • Fidlar
    • Alkaline Trio
    • Silversun Pickups
    • Dr Dog
    • Streetlight Manifesto
    • Foxygen
    • Joyce Manor
    • The get up Kids
    • Saves the Day
    • Beach Fossils
    • Choking Victim
    • Mount Eerie
    • The Frights
    • Balance and Composure
    • Homeshake
    • Turnstile
    • David Bazan
    • Pinback
    • Tijuana Panthers
    • Together Pangea
    • Sheer Mag
    • Set Your Goals
    • Sunflower Bean
    • Cat Signs
    • Moving Units
    • Sadgirl
    • The Buttertones
    • Plague Vendor
    • No Parents
    • The Regrettes

2. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

I want to see most of these bands, but it's hard to bring myself to support a new festival startup that isn't making an effort for diversity in the lineup at this point.

ugman_2000 and cwhit like this.
  3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yup

this is one of the most dude filled fests out there. sigh

hermanthehermit likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I can't justify the $150 price tag for this, especially when I have seen most the bands I want to at Taste of Chaos over the last two years, a $20 fest

5. Dan O'Neill

Regular

That is an amazing list of bands.

6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Solid line-up, but it's nothing particularly special. Feels like they're going for something between Riot Fest and Fun Fun Fun... I love a lot of the bands from the headliners to the undercard, but there's more bang for your buck at other fests (that, as has been pointed out--have a bit more diversity).

Especially if you go to shows pretty regularly. You can see most of these bands easily enough. Not quite worth traveling to for me.

7. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

From what I can tell, tickets are not yet on sale.

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Don't ever go to a festival at this venue. There's so many terrible stories from Chain Fest and Beach Goth, so terribly run.

9. irthesteve

I've heard a ton of bad things, which makes sense knowing what the layout is over there, I just don't get how it would ever work well. Otherwise Observatory is a solid spot for regular shows, but festival? Ehhhh not feelin it

10. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

More like Sausage Fest

hermanthehermit and cwhit like this.
  11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i'd say blame Morrissey... take him out and i bet the festival is a lot more affordable.

12. irthesteve

100% agree. I think they also justify by making it a 2 day festival instead of one. Either way, not for me

13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

oh it's 2 days?! ahh so much less interested now. spot on with your taste of chaos argument

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Woah. $150? I didn't even know what the price tag was when I said you could get "more bang for your buck" elsewhere... Oof.

15. Schooner

Trusted

Awesome line up!! Would be so over this if I could get there. Bring on plenty of great male bands

16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Morrissey has already cancelled.

17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

$150 seems a little steep for this. I just paid $120 total for 2 people over a two day span for The Killers, Kings of Leon, the 1975, Fitz, Andrew McMahon, Foster and more.

18. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

This is my home venue and I live 4 minutes away, but I can't justify that price tag knowing how much of a cluster it will be.