Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Panic! At the Disco Grabs Another Platinum Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Fascinating. I've never seen one of those certification reports before. Two singles from Death of a Bachelor also went Gold, (along with 6 Twenty One Pilots songs--FBR FTW!).

Dan O'Neill and ramres like this.
  3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I predict they will win the Grammy.

Mr. Serotonin and skogsraet like this.
  4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Didn't realize they were that big with this album cycle

Mr. Serotonin and ramres like this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn, good for Brendon

6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Paramore is next.

7. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Ugh.

8. aniafc

Trusted

So wild to see A Rocket to the Moon on there

9. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Good for them. Very solid album. I had high hopes and was not disappointed (which I can't say about some previous releases).

I've got a 4-month old son with "baby blue eyes" (the other twin has grayish blue eyes...not sure what color they'll end up) so I randomly started listening to them recently. I never realized that they were that big.

10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Brendon is a machine.

11. Mr. Serotonin

Brendon has such an extreme cult following, it's pretty insane. He'll set up periscope's of him cooking breakfast and get 100k hits.

12. ARo24

Regular

Well deserved. Brendon is a great performer I think it's a big contributor to his success. Obviously his voice is killer too.

13. Huh, I truly hated this album but I like Brendan so I'm glad to see him still successful.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  14. CMilliken

Trusted

Really cool to see. Though I haven't listened to the album since the week it was released. Panic has lost me more and more with each album cycle. Not sure why.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I was just thinking about this the other day, I think a big part of his success (aside from making good music) is his internet presence. When Vine came out and was super popular back in, what, 2013, he was all over it all the time and I really think it helped popularize him even more. And like you said, he does a lot of periscopes and whatnot just letting fans in.

16. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah, he puts his whole life on social media. I think fans feel like they really know him, and those kind of fans will buy EVERYTHING you put out. It's fascinating to watch. I don't even know if it's a super calculated move on his part, he genuinely looks like he's always having fun and wants to connect...though the outcome is beneficial.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. I can honestly say I started listening to Panic thanks to his Vine. He suddenly got huge in 2013.

18. aniafc

Trusted

They really weren't that big outside of that song, I suppose. Their last album was a change in sound and took forever to get released, so they really lost a lot of momentum by the time it finally came out.

19. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Yeah, they went country and it wasn't a good thing. Most songs are very generic. I'm not surprised that was their last album.

aniafc likes this.
  20. aniafc

Trusted

I hope they come back, though -- I think that'd be fun. I know they did that show at the Maine's fest in Arizona and did pretty well.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  21. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Re: Brendon putting his life on social media -- absolutely agree it helped expose Panic! especially to a younger audience but he's been offline a lot more now and justifiably so as he's had a problem recently with crazy fans rushing the band at the airport, people showing up at his house and stalking his wife...there's definitely a dark side to it.

22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Man, at this rate, there's going to be a lot of people that don't see only Brent Wilson as the "Pete Best" of the band

23. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Ryan Ross?