Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twenty One Pilots – “Heavydirtysoul” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Joseph Pepe

Okay that was incredibly bad ass.

3. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I like their other singles. My two year old loves these guys. Thanks to him I gave them a chance. After hearing this one I may have to delve into their discography.

4. That video was insane. I can't wait to see what they do next.

5. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Still don't get it. My black friends love them, my white friends love them, so now I'm getting an understanding of why they are on the cover of at least one magazine a month. Josh ruled in HoH. Whenever I talk to Tim(Skipper) about Josh's fav band being House of Heroes and how he was in awe when he auditioned for them, I detect hints of vindictiveness. HoH should be the bigger band.

6. DearCory

Regular

You need to checkout the "Your Favorite Band" podcast episode they did with Tim.... they talk a little about it

ConArdist likes this.
  7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, this is great. I love this song, my favourite on the album alongside Lane Boy.

8. I've had a similar conversation with Tim and didn't get that sense at all. I actually got a sense of pride and accomplishment that HoH had helped point Josh toward TOP.

ConArdist likes this.
  9. "Lane Boy" is the bessssssssst.

10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Such a cool video.

11. dp619

Regular Supporter

Man, they are really milking this album dry.. Almost half the album has a video at this point, and it's been out for almost 2 years. Theyve toured the US twice for this album...hope they head back into the studio soon for some new music.

12. JohnnyStacks

Regular

Your 2 year old loves these guys? One day he was like, "Yo, Pops you gotta check these dudes out. Bangers all day long."

13. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

genuinely laughed.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

He dances to "ride" and knows the words to the chorus. Haha.

ConArdist and AshlandATeam like this.
  15. AshlandATeam

Trusted

They've said multiple times they'll be writing and recording a new record this Spring. Whether it'll be out later this year or early next is anyone's guess.

Also, Tyler said somewhere his favorite lyrics are on their self-titled debut and he wants to go back to that frame of reference on their next record. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is debatable, but I'm extremely stoked for it.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  16. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I discovered them after AP.net posted about Twentyonepilots as 'Josh from HOH's new band.' I love House of Heroes - they've been a favorite of mine since 'Say No More' back in like 2005 - I've driven large distances to see them live, have called them my favorite band at times, etc.

But at this point in my life, there just isn't any question in my mind that Twentyonepilots are doing the more interesting, more artistically honest and creative things. HOH fits nicely into the hooky-pop rock genre (or, as I like to call it, the 'Not as Good as Jimmy Eat World but They're Trying' camp). I don't even know what I'd call Twentyonepilots; they draw a diverse crowd and have a diverse audience because they do diverse things and sing about diverse subjects. In my mind, Twentyonepilots has does essentially everything right and deserves to be the biggest band on earth.

Chase Tremaine and ConArdist like this.
  17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Stoked if that's the case. Love that first record. Would also love it if they would re-record "Fall Away."

AshlandATeam likes this.
  18. AshlandATeam

Trusted

'Fall Away' and 'Addict With a Pen' are the two songs that made me fall in love with the band.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  19. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Two of my favorites. Ha I want a studio version of this one.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  20. AshlandATeam

Trusted

This is awesome.

The only time I saw them was when they were touring on Vessel, and they only played stuff from that. I would have loved to see older stuff.

Honestly, I can objectively say that Blurryface and Vessel are better than their first two, in a song-structure/production perspective. But their debut is what I find myself returning to more often than not. I love all of them, but that's the one that I've probably listened to the most.

21. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

22. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Pride as well, yes, though Tim(rightfully)is more bitter about HoH not being more successful. They'd appeal to just about everybody if they could get more exposure.

23. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Don't agree with the last part haha but everything else you nailed. Wrote a story(back when I was a journalist)about how bands that seem generic rise to the top b/c of their marketability. Being a musician, that is the hardest part. I haven't really found a way to stand out from the crowd. If I stray from my EDM crap and do a drum solo, or write a symphonic or jazz piece the kids don't care. 21P is focused like a laser beam, that's what makes success, not skill necessarily. Kinda shitty.

24. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die