Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday Announce New Tour Dates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Thursday have announced some new tour dates with Basement and Touché Amoré. You can find those below.

MAR 28 House of Blues Boston Boston, MA
    MAR 30 The Fillmore Philadelphia Philadelphia, PA
    MAR 31 The Fillmore Silver Spring Silver Spring, MD
    APR 1 The Fillmore Charlotte Charlotte, NC
    APR 2 House of Blues Orlando Orlando, FL
    APR 4 The Masquerade Atlanta, GA
    APR 5 Marathon Music Works Nashville, TN
    APR 7 House of Blues Houston Houston, TX
    APR 8 House of Blues Dallas Dallas, TX
    APR 10 Marquee Theatre Tempe, AZ
    APR 11 The Wiltern Los Angeles, CA
    APR 12 UC Theater Berkeley, CA
    APR 14 Roseland Theater Portland, OR
    APR 15 Showbox SoDo Seattle, WA
    APR 17 Summit Music Hall Denver, CO
    APR 18 Arvest Bank Theatre at The Midland Kansas City, MO
    APR 20 The Cabooze Minneapolis, MN
    APR 21 House of Blues Chicago Chicago, IL
    APR 22 Bogart’s Cincinnati
    APR 23 House of Blues Cleveland Cleveland
    APR 25 Saint Andrew’s Hall Detroit, MI
    APR 27 The NorVA Norfolk, VA
    APR 28 Upstate Concert Hall Clifton Park, NY
    APR 30 Irving Plaza New York, NY
    Wax Idols: 3/28 – 4/12, Cities Avic: 4/14-4/30

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Finally going to get to see them.

3. ARo24

Regular

Oddly, I have never seen Thursday. May have to hit that Detroit stop.

4. blacktaxi2d

would go, but honestly im not looking forward to going to a show where geoff will just shout about politics in between each song. interested to see what the setlist is though

5. Jehn LeRoy

YES!!! I can't wait. Been a Thursday fan for a long time and the only time I've seen them was the underoath tour where they played full collapse. Glad I'll get to see them play a full set

6. Chuck!

Regular

This is a weird post. They're not For Today, and they never had a ton of banter between songs. Any banter they did have was usually really meaningful, stories about the songs and whatnot. But regardless, if ever there was a time for some activism on stage, how is it not now?

OotyPa, Tylar, AshlandATeam and 7 others like this.
  7. Ska Senanake

Trusted

YES YES YES

8. + a lot of their songs are about politics so Geoff would be "shouting about politics" during each song too.

9. dubey

Regular

Toronto :(

10. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I saw Thursday twice during their original run, and again a month ago. Barely any talking between songs. Some inspirational talk about what New Jersey and their fans mean to them at the reunion show, but that's about it.

They put on such a killer show.

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm not arguing with this, but it made me LOL cause the one Thursday banter I remember was him joking about a talking muffin.

12. Kiana

OH MY GOD. THURSDAY ARE MY FAVE LIVE BAND I AM HYPED. THIS BETTER NOT END UP LIKE THE RADIOHEAD DEBACLE OR IMMA BE OVER HERE LIKE

[​IMG]

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

What happened there?

14. Kiana

I had like 6 recruitments help me get radiohead tickets and we all went on at exactly 10am and none of us got any and my heart broke into a million zillion pieces approx.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

:-/
    I hope you get tickets!

Kiana likes this.
  16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I probably wouldn't agree with Geoff a lot on politics or really much at all but I've always felt he comes from a very genuine place. He's never struck me as super preachy. I'm pretty sure you'll survive, haha. Besides, it seems like Thursday is back for political/societal reasons anyway, so hearing him say stuff you don't like seems like a damn good deal.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  17. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Oh yeah, didn't catch them at Riot Fest so Summit MH here I come! A City By the Light Divided is the first true post-harcore/emo album I got into, even before UO.

18. midnightxtaylor

Regular

You're trying to go to the Portland date, right? Try again during the few days leading up to the show... you might get lucky if you're quick, just saying. I'm so tired of trying to prevent scalpers from getting all the tickets.

19. Tylar

Nice they're playing the showbox

20. Kiana

Yeah I was trying pdx or seattle. I think my recruitments were madder than me cause they didn't know the scalping game and didn't think it'd be so hard to get them lol.

21. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I just received an email from Alternative Press with the password APTHURSDAY for their presale in case anyone still needs tickets.

coleslawed and Dan O'Neill like this.
  22. Kiana