Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sufjan Stevens Shares Statement on Muslim Ban

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Sufjan Stevens has shared a statement on Donald Trump’s Muslim ban.

There really is no such thing as an illegal immigrant, for we are all immigrants and refugees in a wildly changing world that is dominated by superfluous boundaries built by blood and war. We all come from somewhere else. The truest of “Americans” have either been destroyed by the white immigrant, incarcerated, isolated, held captive, or stolen and enslaved. We are all complicit in the injustices against basic human rights and common decency, to put it mildly, which renders our own “inalienable rights” as questionable or obsolete.

2. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

A lot of valid and thoughtful points in his post - but I'm definitely steering clear of any comment sections stemming from it, because it's going to draw some serious heat.

And I don't mean to suggest that's reason for him not to have said it, but rather that public online comment sections are really depressing anymore and sometimes I wish I would avoid reading them.

3. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Great points made, Trump is a psychopath, and the last ten days have positively fucked my personal life. He's a witch, I tells ya. And a bigoted, grabbing, bride enslaving, racist, people-hating, lazy trash baiting, Kenya BC story bullshitting assclod. Where's the proof that Trump was actually born a turd and raised to resemble a human being?

4. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Trump only cares about himself and his own personal interests. He doesn't give a shit about in or out of America. His ban doesn't include Saudi Arabia where we clearly have ties to terrorism. what makes it different than other countries that are considered threats...Theres a reason he won't release his tax returns...

ConArdist likes this.
  5. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I saw that Sufjan was on The Eric Andre Show yesterday, that brought a smile to my face.

Trump doesn't.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Ska Senanake

Trusted

When was he on the eric andre show? Do share

8. Spencer Young

Don't ask me why.

As a Christian, I've been seeing a lot more "apocalyptic" and "end times"-y posts and articles out there. I know this is a little different and I respect the hell out of Sufjan, but this scares me shitless. It's one thing to realize that everything Trump does is the opposite reaction that a Christian should have to the same problem, but end-times prophecy fulfillment?? Lord.

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I believe that this is him sufjan.JPG

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

pretty sure that's just the keyboard player for that band.