Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It’s Gonna Be a Long Four Years Playlist

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The first week in the reign of Trump has me in a bit of a mood. The guy’s a total clown and checking my Twitter feed is basically just an exercise in “what has this jackass done now?” — basically, it’s gonna be a long four years. So, while I’ve been spending some time getting ready for the months ahead (organize, organize, organize), I’ve also been diving back into a bunch of punk albums to channel the swings of rage and anxiety. I tossed together a playlist of some of my favorites and put them up on Spotify and Apple Music to share with others.

If you’ve never been into some of the more political punk music, now’s a great time to check out what you’ve been missing. Also, feel free to hit me up with with any recommendations of other bands I should be listening to, I’m not expecting this hole to be filled anytime soon. And, lastly, please be kind to each other out there and look out for those in your community.

This playlist is also on Spotify.

Chris Prindle likes this.
  2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Boysetsfire all the way.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  3. Really stoked to listen through this, thanks Jason! I'm also planning some political activism... one thing I can say for Trump's presidency is that I feel awakened politically already.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

The only thing I can find positive about this dictatorship is that there's going to be (hopefully) a shit ton of good punk music coming out

Dan O'Neill, bptky, Raku and 2 others like this.
  5. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Crime in Stereo - The Troubled Stateside

LiveFast_DieOld likes this.
  6. Barcara

Regular

7. Turkeylegz

Trusted

You're lovely. My playlist needs some inspiration so I cant wait to dive in to this tonight!

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. Yes, this so much. Some Enter Shikari and that one Set Your Goals song (Gaia Bleeds) would be great additions as well.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

"God please save these troubled states"

LiveFast_DieOld likes this.
  10. Gen Handley

Regular

Been listening to a lot of Strike Anywhere and Good Riddance lately...

11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Thanks Jason this is a great idea. I added this to my playlists. As a canadian who has been following the election and post-election very closely I can definitely sympathize with how many americans are feeling these days. I never thought I would be following US politics this closely. Closer than ever before that's for sure. It's a daily thing for me now lol

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Thanks for this! Not sure if this is in response to my request in the Political Forum, but much appreciated!

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Fuck Authority! Silent majority!
    Sedition is such a good song. That's truly a song that makes me want to mosh around my house in the front windows for all passerbys to see. But, yeah, all these songs are great.

JimmyIymmiJ and Jason Tate like this.
  14. ZooZooChaCha Jan 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 27, 2017)
    ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

NOFX - The Idiots Have Taken Over
    Suicide Machines - Hating Hate
    Wonder Years - Dynamite Shovel
    MU330 - KKK Highway
    Leftover Crack - Nazi White Trash
    Bouncing Souls - Battleground

All of Transgender Dysphoria Blues has been my go to FUCK YOU to my current home state of North Carolina for HB2.

15. Zip It Chris Jan 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 28, 2017)
    Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Anti flag - Break Something
    Billy Talent - Turn Your Back
    Suicide Machines - Hating Hate

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Honestly, a "fun" political album is River City Rebels "Racism, Religion, and War". That opening track, Hate is such a good sing-a-long.

Chris Prindle and Jason Tate like this.
  17. CheapPop

Regular

Been doing the same myself Jason. Thanks for the playlist! And bonus points for also putting on Spotify!

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Apple music is better

Contender likes this.
  19. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Can I post my Donald Trump rap diss here? Contains explicit language. Sorry if I offend anyone, I was very upset. I don't like cussing when I do freestyle.

20. wearethedead

missing out

Desaparecidos have some great songs in a similar vein to the ones in the playlist. Also loving the representation for Pennywise, they were actually the first band I ever really got into (when I was like 11/12!), it's crazy how their songs mean more to me now than they ever did when I used to listen to them every day.

Also I know this isn't punk, but I've found myself listening to Thom Yorke's solo album The Eraser a lot lately. It just sums up the current feeling of anxiety so well for me, and some of the songs seem particularly topical despite being written over 10 years ago.

21. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Been listening to new Face to Face, Descendents, and Teenage Bottlerocket. And just got the awesome repress of American Idiot, God I really do love that album. My close buddy Chris Beeble was the sound engineer on the first three new albums I mentioned, so if you like them, give him a shout on Twitter.

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. Iamhollywood315

Regular

I haven't listened to Antiflag in years but kinda think I might check their show out next week. A week in with this clown and he's already fucking shit up.

23. IAmDani

person

Question for apple music users: why am I always directed to the download link for itunes when I click on the playlist instead of opening the list in iTunes? I have iTunes opened but it doesn't work

24. Chrome or Safari?

25. IAmDani

person

I'm using firefox on my pc.
    Just tried it on my iPhone and it worked perfectly fine there, so I'm good for now. But if anyone has an idea why it doesn't work on pc, please let me know =)

llllllllllllllll likes this.