Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brendan Lukens Will Not Be Joining Modern Baseball’s Next Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brendan Lukens of Modern Baseball will not be joining the band on their next tour. You can read his full statement below.

Hello fam – Bren here,

I have some unexpected news. I will not be joining Modern Baseball on the upcoming Europe / UK tour. I am okay — but I need this time at home to focus on my mental and physical health. The band will continue on with the tour thanks to help from mega friends Thins Lips, Superweaks and all the MOBO crew. This was an incredibly hard decision for me, and it was even harder confronting myself and the band about how I am feeling. Still, I know this is what I need right now. I can never thank MOBO and our crew enough for taking on the roles they have to support me.
    I love y’all very much.

Mental illness is very serious and should never be taken lightly. It’s a long journey to understanding and coping with your illness but I have so much faith in y’all, and myself. If you or a friend ever feels lonely, depressed, sad, confused, whatever here are some crisis hotlines you can call. Again, I love y’all very much — talk soon [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

More US & International Hotlines @
    www.buddy-project.org/hotlines/

Or google search “crisis hotlines”

2. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

His candor about mental illness is admirable. Such a thing should never be taboo, but, sadly, it still is. But, with that said, it's completely understandable why some people experiencing mental illness would want to keep it to themselves. That's why it is so important for a person like Brendan, who is a public figure and is willing to discuss it, is open enough to let people know that they are not alone.

3. Tata Toothy

Regular

Just readin that letter, it seems like Brendan is in a good place right now and going about treating his illness in the best possible way. Hopefully this helps others as well.

I love this band and hope he's okay and will see you next time around!

Christian Romero likes this.
  4. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

That is a shame but seems the best thing for him to do. As others have said dude seems in a good place to beat and fight this. Good message to end with as well with the hotline recommendations.

5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

As I posted in the forums, I hope he gets well soon and his health is always the priority. That said I wonder what they will do on the tour?