Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘1984’ Rises to Top of Amazon Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

George Orwell’s classic, 1984, has recently shot up the Amazon charts.

On Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning the book was #1 on Amazon’s computer-generated list of best-selling books. The list reflects hourly book sales.

The 68-year-old novel appeared on the list on Monday, hovered around the #6 spot for much of the day, rose to #2 by Tuesday afternoon and then hit #1.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Oop.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I've read that book more times than I can count, but I'm 'bout to buy two more copies just to help keep it up there.

4. Fascinating. And not a bad thing by any means!

5. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I think it's Mashable that's doing a series of articles paralleling what's going right now with apocalyptic novels. The 1984 one was recently released and you could really tell the author felt uncomfortable with how on-the-nose some of the points were, as if they thought it'd be a fun series to run, and then when it came time to write it - it got a little too real. But it may just be me projecting that as it resonated so strongly with me.